Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

ok so I am not that honest. I would kept it, well maybe I am a bit honest for saying that. But one day I was walking to the bus stop and a half a block ahead of me there was a blue bag lying on the sidewalk. The man in front of me picked it up... later on that night when I got off work he was on the news. The bag had 50k inside of it a local business employee had dropped the bag on the way to the bank, the man was given a $20 reward and thanked. So since then I made a personal vow that if I ever ever found a bag or a suprise of over $1000.00 I would keep it. Just like the time when I was walking by the atm of a bank......160.00 just hanging out and the atm card still in place, i turned that one in.
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Jody...Why do people have to be rewarded for doing the right thing? I'm just asking because everyone makes mistakes (i.e. - dropping something unintentionally) so why do you need a reward for doing the right thing other than a "thank you?"

I'm asking because it seems like you are saying since the person "ONLY" got $20 that wasn't enough because it was 50K in the bag.

So since then I made a personal vow that if I ever ever found a bag or a suprise of over $1000.00 I would keep it.
    If I found money, yea I turn it in because you never know what someone was planning to do with it. That could be every dollar to that persons name, or it couldn't be. But it doesn't matter because it wouldn't be mine. The only thing I'd expect in return is a "thank you".

LOL I was using dry humor on the $20/thanks. Because I probably like I said being honest would Not return 10000 found in a cracker box that I purchased at the store. I would thank god for the wonderful crackers and probably use half of the money to buy out the stores stock of crackers...... another bit of dry humor.
    As far as the blue bag, when that happened I was 17 yrs old I would of kept it and today being 30 I am unsure. Which means I would probably keep it. dry again.

Anywhoo, I can poke a million holes in that story of the cracker box filled w/10k. First. Grandma returns a open box of crackers.... ok..... but the store restocks it? Yea I don't think so. The cash was stashed away in a rush. No store owner would allow or should allow a open box of anything to be restocked and open for public use. Second, grandma didn't call the cops when she accidentally returned the money box filled with cash the moment she remembered? I 100% would have kept the money. What really happened is this, this honest family who bought the lottery box of crackers are really good people, the returned the box to the police, the police told the store manager. the store manager called his best friends to see if they had a plan. One of his friends has a shady grandma and says for 2000 I will say I returned the cracker box to the store because I was unsatisfied with the product, then on accident the new employee instead of putting it in the back where the company that would give proper credit to the ikky item accidentally restocked it.
    Now as far as someone buying a open product that family needs to be evaluated by a psych..

I'm gonna keep all 8 of my eyes on you Jodyq.

That was a good thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabz
    That was a good thing to do.
    What was that Nabz,
    Take the money too the police?
    There are some honest people in the world.
    Haven't found anything else yet on this story.
    But I could see grandma removing her money from the banks tho.
    As far as the crackers getting back on the shelf, thats possible also with the high volume stores of today.
    Don't know about the size of Irvine, never been to Cal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lawrence
    I'm gonna keep all 8 of my eyes on you Jodyq.
    LOL
    That was a nice thing that the family did, but i do find it extremely fishy!!!
    And as far as me saying I would not give it back, just me being honest, I could easily say I would but that would probably be a lie. No time for lieing in this lifetime.

Especially the tri-focal parts. that way I can see 3 of you at once. lol

Some people having found that might see it as a gift from above. In this day and age of economy problems and family's are hurting more than ever this could be a special gift.

I'm really not sure what I would have done but its a nice story none the less.

Mm

http and a telephoto
    My kids got mad at me one time when we were on a trip and I went to the ATM and there was $500 just sitting there. No card, no ID. It was an ATM in a hotel, so I took it to the front desk. My boys said I should have kept it because we were broke and took the trip on a slim shoestring because it was something very important to them. They said it was a gift from the universe. I said, A. It ain't mine, I can't keep it. B. ATM's have cameras, if I walked away with it I could be arrested for stealing.

The hotel employees thought I was nuts too. But it didn't feel right to keep it.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread