...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Communicating with your Affiliates...
    Have to admit - I'm a little grumpy this morning...so I'll try to be tactful in my statement -

Just got an email from a merchant I signed up with on September 19, 2008. In the merchant's defense - I haven't promoted them yet.

Here is the email I received...

Thanks for being a part of Isango Affiliate Scheme.

It's been seen that we haven't recieved even 1 booking through your website and even the number of hits through your webtools are not significant. Hence, we request you to work more on our website www.isango.com before we make your account inactive.

Do write to us at <removed> @isango.com in case you need any assisstance in case of feed, creative, text links etc. We are always here to help you.

Keep promoting!!

Affiliate Marketing team
    Isango!

Point I am trying to make is, please consider an AM or OPM where communicating in English is not an issue - I'm sure this email was written to "motivate", but like I said, "I'm a little grumpy this morning..."

~ Denis

er ... you cant work on their website, you arent an admin ... you can work on PROMOTING it but not ON it....

I'm grumpy too LOL

:approval:

Beth aka 1stAngel
    [URL=http://1stangel.co.uk]1stAngel Arts Magazine[/URL]
    [URL=http://galileowasright.com]Galileo Was Right[/URL]

Wow! Maybe they're the ones that were a little grumpy this morning. Sounds more like a thrashing than a "request."

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence
    Have to admit - I'm a little grumpy this morning...so I'll try to be tactful in my statement
    I'm not grumpy this morning and my first thought for him was F*&^@ YOU!

Unfortunately waaay too many AMs haven't learned that we're not their employees and threatening us will usually not get them the result that they were hoping for. There are sooo many threads here on this very topic that it's not even worth repeating.

Wait a day and send the AM a link to this thread. He'll get an ideal of how effective his threats are and how moronic that approach is with independent business people. Who knows, he may learn something useful. At the very least he'll be embarrassed to see the name of his program here with the negative comments that are sure to follow.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

As pointed out before, motivation by threat ("we request you to work more" or we'll "make your account inactive" is just a classic example) is a dead-end strategy, especially in the affiliate marketing business.

Geno

It's been seen...
    such an eloquent use of the pluperfect tense. whatever your response, make sure you dump it into an online translation tool back and forth between a few languages first.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Heck C, you can be grumpy now and then. The problem I see in his email is a language barrier which causes a communication issue. Knowing that many from other countries do not realize the lost in translation misunderstandings their statements can have on westerners, they inadvertently shoot themselves in the foot.

This of course should be their que that if they are going to deal with western culture affiliates, they need to retain an AM or OPM raised in the western culture, which in turn could eliminate potential misunderstandings and lost opportunities.

That said, I think it's time that C produces some traffic and bookings for these guys, or he gets the boot!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    Heck C, you can be grumpy now and then. The problem I see in his email is a language barrier which causes a communication issue. Knowing that many from other countries do not realize the lost in translation misunderstandings their statements can have on westerners, they inadvertently shoot themselves in the foot.

This of course should be their que that if they are going to deal with western culture affiliates, they need to retain an AM or OPM raised in the western culture, which in turn could eliminate potential misunderstandings and lost opportunities.

That said, I think it's time that C produces some traffic and bookings for these guys, or he gets the boot!!
    LOL - I made it easy on them, I actually quit them. In all fairness I don't do well with travel sites...

Maybe 2009 will be better in that arena.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread