OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Understanding Parasites
    By Zeus from: http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.php?p=899518
    We're always astonished to discover that many new ABW members have no idea of what is ParasiteWare. It's the right time to learn. Take a seat, grab a cup of coffee and listen to the whole story. From ABW early days to OneCause toolbar and the New York tax issue. Good overview of the State of Affiliate Marketing by Haiko answering Andrew Wee's questions. It's not a 5 minutes Podcast, more like a 1 hour lesson on ethics. Haiko describes in details how these crooked networks are stealing our commissions. Bravo Haiko, Great Job, we can feel your impetuous, your passion for what Affiliate Marketing should be. Great Holiday gift for all of us. Thanks Andrew for the Podcast. The State of Affiliate Marketing By Haiko de Poel . An Andrew Wee PodCast

Thanks for posting this Chuck, and Haiko for answering these questions. New Affiliate and AM's alike will strongly benefit from this podcast, and to be honest I was really unclear on the parasite situation until now. Great stuff guys!!

Regards,

BTW. Good for you Haiko on telling your first boss where he can stick it for only offering you a .10$ an hour raise. I would have done the same thing Sir, and I see how you can relative that to a merchant Affiliate Relationship. Thats is why it's so important to have a tiered pay per performance structured commission increase for a CPS Affiliate programs.

Regards,

Arrow Organize and struggle.
    Organize, organize and organize for your rights and effective legislation.

Wow this place is dead as a doornail... good lord what happened....??
    What are there like 6 active members now...???
    Last edited by AddHandler; April 14th, 2010 at 09:12 PM.

AddHandler you are the second person to comment this today! The other was a long time member who pinged me via IM. Probably a discussion for another thread outside of parasites.

Yeah, I agree. I haven't been to this forum for a long time but seems a little dead to me too....Is it still an active aff forum?

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131890

Then, go here:

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/

and scroll all the way to the bottom. You'll see the current stats. At the time I'm writing this, there are just about 1000 people here. Depending on your definition of "active", you'll have your answer.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

That's an Inner Circle thread and you have to be above 500 posts to access.

Yeah, I can't access that - it blocks me. LOL.

But, 1K people a day is active- Compete.com(used to be more accurate-sad) says you are getting 4K+/day...

I'm gonna start posting again.

I think I finally understand why folks think this forum is not active. Go to the home page (which quite likely is where many come in at) and you'll see:

Featured Discussions

* Connecticut Tax Bill -- CT Affiliates Take Action Now! by JohnNapoletano on 03/24/2010
    * Colorado Dropped by Amazon by mellie on 03/08/2010
    * Understanding Parasites by Chuck Hamrick on 12/30/2008
    * Merchants: Why Your Coupon/Promotion Didn't Get Added by MichaelColey on 02/18/2006
    Featured Discussions

* Article Marketing the right way by Lanadili on 10/10/2009
    * Soo you want to start a niche site...... by Rollerblader on 09/03/2009
    * Understanding Parasites by Chuck Hamrick on 12/30/2008
    * Merchants: Why Your Coupon/Promotion Didn't Get Added by MichaelColey on 02/18/2006
    Featured Discussions

* The Best of 2009 Winners! by MichaelColey on 02/20/2010

Congratulations to the "Best of 2009" Winners! There were some excellent nominations and some close races. Best Affiliate Network in...
    * As An Affiliate I Hate... by Geno Prussakov on 10/05/2006

...please continue!! Please post one thing that you hate as affiliate when you look at an affiliate program or a website with an...
    * The Magic Bullet Thread by loxly on 09/30/2006

Lately everyone that is joining up seems to want the "Magic Bullet", whether they are an affiliate manager looking for the "big affiliates"...

Only 3 of the "Featured Discussions" are even from this year...and I'll bet that's why fastcart asked that question in this thread.

Affiliate Manager Decorative Ceiling Tiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Hay Chuck,

I came across this post and as a coffee lover and actually trying to learn about parasites am listening to Haiko explaining what parasites are.

I was wondering, how do I determine unethical affiliates on my program. For example, today I have found a coupon scraper by accident.

Can I kick this affiliate?

Milan, the best thing you can do is go through this forum and remove any that have subforums: http://www.abestweb.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=158

Then continue reading the other posts for new players.

You need to contact the affiliate and raise the concern. Its better to develop a relationship with them than just deactivate. If you are not satisfied with their response or if they don't response then you can take the former action.

Affiliate Manager Decorative Ceiling Tiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Milan, the best thing you can do is go through this forum and remove any that have subforums: http://www.abestweb.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=158

Then continue reading the other posts for new players.

You need to contact the affiliate and raise the concern. Its better to develop a relationship with them than just deactivate. If you are not satisfied with their response or if they don't response then you can take the former action.
    Thanks Chuck, I will do this. You know I just don't want to do any decisions before getting advice from you guys.

And if you have more advices for me let me know.

Chuck, I am a newbie on this forum. I stumbled upon this website while researching we-care.com. I've received several affiliate invitations from you. We-care.com is included in a parasite discussion. I was wondering if the merchants listed as supporters of agencies like Planned Parenthood have selected to support the charities they are listed with. i.e. I was just invited to join HobbyTron Affiliate Program. http://plannedparenthood.we-care.com/Merchants/HobbyTron.com We-Care.com :: Merchants :: HobbyTron.com. Some of my other affiliates are listed and I'm concerned that I am inadvertently misleading my readers.

I would appreciate your comments.
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; November 28th, 2014 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Un-linked url

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread