Listing Coupons Without an Affiliate Code
    Hi, I'm new to GoldenCAN, but was not able to find an answer to my question in the FAQs or Forums.

I'd like to integrate coupons into my site, but do not necessarily have an affiliate relationship with every coupon-merchant. In other words, I'd like to also list merchants I do not have an affiliate relationship with for the benefit of my end-users, and am not concerned with receiving a referral fee for every merchant (it's okay if GoldenCAN takes 100% on those ones). Is it possible to list them?

Hope this makes sense, thanks in advance.

crd

GoldenCan generates affiliate links. You need to supply YOUR affiliate ID for each merchant you wish to add to your GoldenCan account. Many GoldenCan links are not free and you can end up owing GoldenCan the commission that will be paid. If you have no merchant relationship that would come from your pocket. I don't think you'll get GoldenCan to supply the links/codes you want without a merchant relationship.

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    Many GoldenCan links are not free and you can end up owing GoldenCan the commission that will be paid.
    Is this in regards to the 4th click merchants?

Is this in regards to the 4th click merchants?
    That's right.

So, you would like to give some lucky company free advertising? Why don't you find out who they work with and contact the manager so you can at least get a commission out of the sales.
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

You guys rock, thanks for the quick responses and followups!

Just to make sure I understand,

GoldenCan generates affiliate links. You need to supply YOUR affiliate ID for each merchant you wish to add to your GoldenCan account.
    That makes sense. I need to supply an affiliate id for each merchant I wish to display coupons for.

Many GoldenCan links are not free and you can end up owing GoldenCan the commission that will be paid. If you have no merchant relationship that would come from your pocket.
    Not free to the affiliate or not free to the merchant? I was under the impression that affiliates never had to "pay" GoldenCan (or merchants, for that matter).

I don't think you'll get GoldenCan to supply the links/codes you want without a merchant relationship.
    Fair enough, it seems like I should just keep to the merchants I have a relationship with, and contact those that I do not before setting up coupon lists on my site (and provide either a free listing, or an affiliated listing).

Thanks again, everybody. Very helpful stuff!

crd

http and a telephoto
    Links to merchants you don't have a relationship with would end up on error pages because they won't be active links. So stick with those you have an affiliate relationship with and find a different way to show those you don't.

No, you wouldn't end up owing GoldenCan or anyone else any money.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Links to merchants you don't have a relationship with would end up on error pages because they won't be active links. So stick with those you have an affiliate relationship with and find a different way to show those you don't.

No, you wouldn't end up owing GoldenCan or anyone else any money.
    Awesome, thank you so much

I was under the impression that affiliates never had to "pay" GoldenCan
    No one works for free, GoldenCan included. Affiliates never pay, but if a merchant is not paying for GoldenCan's services then every fourth click belongs to GoldenCan, they will insert their affiliate id into the link every fourth time it is clicked on. You can see a list of which merchants are free and which merchants leave you to take a chance on getting a commission. This information is easily available at the GoldenCan site.

No one works for free, GoldenCan included. Affiliates never pay, but if a merchant is not paying for GoldenCan's services then every fourth click belongs to GoldenCan, they will insert their affiliate id into the link every fourth time it is clicked on. You can see a list of which merchants are free and which merchants leave you to take a chance on getting a commission. This information is easily available at the GoldenCan site.
    They take the commission for the sale not you.
    That is where they make their score (and through Merchant sign-ups)

So no, you will never OWE GoldenCan anything. They take the sale commission, not come asking for money owed after a sale.

Perhaps that is what you meant, but your writing lent itself to some misunderstanding.
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread