Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out a launch promo for our ABW forum.

I know that this is a cash happy group -- and justifiably so -- but we get deals on iPods and MP3 players. And iPods are such a hot items; I thought people might prefer it.

My other thoughts were either the cash we pay for an iPod or the iPod.

Any thoughts on this one?

Cheers,

Beth

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Hey! I want the iPod! Who are you? I mean which merchant program are you representing? what's the contest about?

how do I win that thing?

I want the ipod, I want the ipod!!!

---
    Enlightened Affiliate looking for merchants with datafeeds/low reversals/great CR/no parasites.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I think most people would be happy winning anything and are grateful a program offers such things. If you want you could just send me some prizes and some cash and forget the rest of them in here
    Since my sales are scattered everywhere without huge numbers for any one specific merchant and since there are probably many in the same boat, a contest that allows small and big players equal opportunities is probably a better choice.

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

ABW Ambassador
    I'd be happy with cash or an iPod.

If it is a sales contest, I'm not a big fan of them though (I know I will never win, so there is no motivation).

Am not a fan of contests for prizes.

AM is for money, if I wanted an iPod (not sure what that is) I would surely buy one.

How would you like it if you went to work tomorrow and your boss says hey next week forget a Christmas bonus, if you sell the most I will give you an iPod.

I have watched numerous merchants offer a prize for all types of incentive, I simply shake my head, and hope I never run into them for fear of what I might say concerning there incentives.

SandraR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AffiliateBuddha:
    Hey! I want the iPod! Who are you? I mean which merchant program are you representing? what's the contest about?

how do I win that thing?

I want the ipod, I want the ipod!!!

---
    Enlightened Affiliate looking for merchants with datafeeds/low reversals/great CR/no parasites.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol! I want an iPod too. I thought that might be a good prize.

I'm with www.audible.com, we're revamping our program and I'll have a big post on the program revamping in the next few days just wait until you hear the scoop. It's going to be a strong, revenue-generating, fun program.

We're with CJ. We have a low EPC, but I'm working with the affilaite who is pulling it down to raise it. Then we should be first in our category.

We're making data feeds to help you as well as some other tools. Look for my post later today or tomorrow.

Cheers,

Beth

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by walleye warrior:
    I think most people would be happy winning anything and are grateful a program offers such things. If you want you could just send me some prizes and some cash and forget the rest of them in here
    Since my sales are scattered everywhere without huge numbers for any one specific merchant and since there are probably many in the same boat, a contest that allows small and big players equal opportunities is probably a better choice.

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimbo2002:
    I'd be happy with cash or an iPod.

If it is a sales contest, I'm not a big fan of them though (I know I will never win, so there is no motivation).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WW/Jimbo

That is hard for me to justify to my boss, but I start thinking of ways to push something through. So, affilaites can earn them and we can have a drawing for one too. No promises though. I don't know what I can get through, but I'll try to push on this. I think it's important to reward smaller affilaites!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SandraR:
    Am not a fan of contests for prizes.

AM is for money, if I wanted an iPod (not sure what that is) I would surely buy one.

How would you like it if you went to work tomorrow and your boss says hey next week forget a Christmas bonus, if you sell the most I will give you an iPod.

I have watched numerous merchants offer a prize for all types of incentive, I simply shake my head, and hope I never run into them for fear of what I might say concerning there incentives.

http://www.ssan.comhttp://www.artgoo...oon_avatar.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sandra,

That's fair, and I understand that.

I just think if we can use our discount to help someone get an iPod who wants one instead of cash why not. If the affiliate has a choice - iPod or cash -- doesn't that work? If the iPod is what someone wants, wont they appreciate the deal? Let me know if you disagree?

btw, an iPod is Apple's mega-memory MP3 player.

Cheers,

Beth

[This message was edited by Beth Kirsch on December 09, 2003 at 02:08 PM.]

[This message was edited by Beth Kirsch on December 09, 2003 at 02:09 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    apple

Zimpy.com - Make a statement!

Die Parasites Die!!

Beth,

Best way to find out what your affiliates want is to start a poll

Warmest,

SandraR

well I have a ipod and I can easily say it rocks!! you should definately choose ipod's.

-NO WAR-

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread