Curious About Something - What is good traffic for start up?
    Not sure if this is allowed or not, but it seems harmless. I have had my site up for 4 months and I think I am seeing pretty good traffic, but I have nothing to compare it to. I have searched and searched but can't really find numbers. How do you know if you are doing well? Is there a guide somewhere?

Is 14,000 visits / 27,000 page views a month good? I know it is not great, but considering I started with nothing I am pretty happy with it.

How are you supposed to gauge your traffic?

ABW Ambassador
    You are missing a number...............SALES

I figured talking sales was Taboo. Honestly I haven't been focusing too much on sales as I have several income streams, not just the affiliates. Definitely not getting rich yet...lol. Hey I will tell what I have made so far if it is allowed, I don't care. I have been wondering about that too!

ABW Ambassador
    The number of sales
    Not the amount

Many sites will generate 1:100

So is that one sale for every hundred clicks? WOW this is hard to figure out, I have four different afilliate programs. One shows 8%, another is showing 2%, another is showing 5% - if I even have the right numbers...lol

ABW Ambassador
    That shows that you have "targeted" traffic [imo]

If you would like, tell us what industries you operate in.
    There may be some managers here who would make deals with someone who converts.

15 years and counting
    onmillertime - Is 14,000 visits / 27,000 page views a month good?
    It's pretty good for a 4 old month site if all the visits are from organic traffic.
    Now the most important question is:
    How much money can you make with these 14,000 visits?
    What are your visitors looking for? Check your logs and give them what they want.
    Traffic quantity is important but quality is a must. If they are looking for Jokes, you can make a few bucks but if they all need Mesothelioma Lawyers, you can make a killing.

Good to know I am doing OK, I was wondering about that. I have a pretty targeted audience that keeps coming back so hopefully that number will grow. Looks like I am getting a pretty good following and they are starting to refer people

I look for specific deals and that causes me a lot of grief because most of the affiliate programs don't make it easy to link to specific items, unless they have a builder. I push individual deals, not just a lot of codes, I seem to get good response when I do this. The annoying thing is I will have a 1000 hits on a deal and people tell me they bought and the sales that show up are never anywhere near what I was seeing through my site. Honestly I haven't made that much through the affiliates yet, I am still learning how to build the links and that is really a pain in the butt. Do love Amazon for that reason, they make it easy!

Wish they all wanted lawyers....LOL. No such luck but I provide a service on top of making the money so it is something I am enjoying which is great. This is why they keep coming back.

how do you explain having less than 2 page views per visitor (14,000 visits / 27,000 page views)? are your pages so targeted that the visitor finds what they want on the first page? or are visitors leaving without looking around much? this might be expected for you or it might be a potential problem. it seems like it could be an issue and/or an opportunity. perhaps you could increase your page views per visitor by improving your navigation or adding some eye-candy links to specific pages? not sure if this is a problem or not, the number just seems low for an interesting site. ??

14k after 4 months sounds pretty darn good to superCool (who is no expert).

good luck

It all comes down to how much you are earning in commissions. You could have ten time the number of visits but if it doesn't result in sales...In any case it seems you are doing very well and I assure you there are affiliates that have been working for a year or more without achieving 8%. I wish more affiliates understood the value of linking to specific items and finding the viewers who would be interested in what you are offering.

Bottom line..you are on the right track and I'll wager you'll be better than most in a year or so if you keep up with improvement.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

Quote Originally Posted by superCool
    how do you explain having less than 2 page views per visitor (14,000 visits / 27,000 page views)? are your pages so targeted that the visitor finds what they want on the first page? or are visitors leaving without looking around much? this might be expected for you or it might be a potential problem. it seems like it could be an issue and/or an opportunity. perhaps you could increase your page views per visitor by improving your navigation or adding some eye-candy links to specific pages? not sure if this is a problem or not, the number just seems low for an interesting site. ??

14k after 4 months sounds pretty darn good to superCool (who is no expert).

good luck
    This is something I have not thought about. I have a blog style site and they usually just check the first page. But on that first page, they have about 15 things to read. I do have several options to link to other/older posts but they usually only read through where they were left off at their last visit. I believe in efficiency so I don't want to make them link through another page to get to what they want, but I may beef up the visibility of links. I am using B2Evolution so that is a whole new learning curve in itself. Like the site and layout but it does take a lot of work to customize and unfortunately I am no expert....doing good just to do the a href and other basic html....LOL.

Actually I got 14k last month (month 3). At 13k this month and I took half of the month off for the holidays....LOL. But I started back yesterday and my traffic is already back...super happy about that.

it is definitely something to think about and there are twists of course - you might rather have your visitors click to a merchant than to one of your own pages, so it's a balancing act.

hopefully you have access to good tracking information to see which merchant links are being clicked. if so, you could try experiments with different placements, wording, formats, etc. to see what works best.

btw - you are an interesting poster. superCool hopes you will stick around and keep posting

Thanks supercool..I appreciate that!

I don't have a tracking program of my own, I was using theirs. Is there such a thing? Where can I get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ward
    That shows that you have "targeted" traffic [imo]

If you would like, tell us what industries you operate in.
    There may be some managers here who would make deals with someone who converts.
    I do have very targeted traffic, I only post a few deals but they are VERY good deals so my readers snap them up. I don't know if any managers would want me unless they wanted to blow out merchandise at ridiculously low prices but then anyone could do that...LOL. I thrive on stacked coupons

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by onmillertime
    I do have very targeted traffic, I only post a few deals but they are VERY good deals so my readers snap them up. I don't know if any managers would want me unless they wanted to blow out merchandise at ridiculously low prices but then anyone could do that...LOL. I thrive on stacked coupons
    Email me so I can find out how low and what stuff We might be able to do something with one of my merchants. loxly at teamloxly.com
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

You're traffic numbers seem real good for only 4 months. You may find compete.com helpful to check your traffic compared to others in your industry or sites of similar age. Good luck!

OK that is a VERY cool site. I increased 111% last month! Fun to see how I compare to my competition.....LOL

I think it's all about conversion rates.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread