Rotating Banner
    Does anyone know the script for a rotating banner? (a banner that cen be changed on all pages from one location)

There are several scripts out there on the net.
    Some are Java, some are php and then there are those that I call flat text files.
    Depends on if you want to use a database or just a text file type of rotation.
    And also if you just want it different when the page is refreshed or on a timed rotation of the same page.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    How many banners, of different sizes, on how many sites?

Depending on what your current / future plans are, you may want to consider ad server software. But if all you need is to rotate a few similar banners on one site, as Bob said, there are several scripts out there. Just search for "free banner rotator script" or something to that effect.

One thing to keep in mind - is to not load your page/s up with java. The more java you have the slower the page will load.

~ Denis

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lawrence
    There are several scripts out there on the net.
    Some are Java, some are php and then there are those that I call flat text files.
    Depends on if you want to use a database or just a text file type of rotation.
    And also if you just want it different when the page is refreshed or on a timed rotation of the same page.
    I an leaning towards PHP with a banner size of 468x60px

This is a free tip for you.
    after you download a script virus scan the file before you unzip it and then again after you unzip it, before opening it.
    there are several here that you can look at and chose what you want in terms of your usability and need.
    hotscripts dot com is just on of several sites out there. enjoy
    Last edited by Bob Lawrence; December 30th, 2008 at 12:59 PM. Reason: had script instead of scripts dot
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

Affiliate Manager
    There are a bunch of free PHP banner rotators out there, most of the good ones are called ad rotators

Smile Thank you for your help
    Quote Originally Posted by jcswee01
    There are a bunch of free PHP banner rotators out there, most of the good ones are called ad rotators

Rotators and Hotscripts; now the fun part. 89,000 pages/ server side sitemap generator/ php search engine/ and rotators....

Depending on how elaborate you want to get and what your needs are, there's an excellent, free software package out there called OpenX. (Here's the link -- http://www.openx.org/ -- to their home page.)

I used them a couple or three "generations" ago when they were still published under another name. I forget what they used to be called.

I know I had relatively little knowledge when I installed their package and it still went fairly well for me.
    Generate more fake news.

Here's the link -- http://www.openx.org/ -- to their home page
    I've taken a look at this after many ventures out to the SE to find good banner rotating software that didn't break the bank.

I've only briefly looked at this, looks like it has some learning curve, but open source and versatile. Worth a looksy if your doing "bigger" campaigns.

A few banners on one site works fine with an ad rotator. I would also suggest using some type of "jump script" or cloaking of the affiliate link in conjunction with the ad rotator. to keep sales in your pocket.

Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    Depending on how elaborate you want to get and what your needs are, there's an excellent, free software package out there called OpenX. (Here's the link -- http://www.openx.org/ -- to their home page.)

I used them a couple or three "generations" ago when they were still published under another name. I forget what they used to be called.

I know I had relatively little knowledge when I installed their package and it still went fairly well for me.
    Used to be called phpadsnew and is still available with hosting plans that have Fantastico.

Affiliate Manager
    I second the Open X Suggestion. I have used it several times over the years (from php ads days to current) and it had all the options i needed for an ad rotator including setting up advertiser accounts. Simple to install also. And it is still free so well worth the price!

hi

check out phpclasses dot org, you should be able to find rotating image/banner php script there.

I use javascript, as works on both php and html pages

rotate images banners or text with or without links, only make sure to use single inverted comas in the code (banner[number++] = " code " )

save below code as a .js file.

- Sunil

[SIZE=1]The impossibility of today is a hint of what shall be...[/SIZE]

Outsourced Program Manager
    does anyone know how i can set up a rotating banner that I as a AM would post in SAS so that when the affiliate grabs the code/banner it would rotate on the AFFFIATES site with 2 or 3 banners i set up?

Is this possible in sas?
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

I am looking into openX http://www.openx.org and google https://www.google.com/admanager/login/en_US/index.html.

OpenX has a hosted plan now.

I use Google Ad Manager and love it. I don't think it's the best solution for someone looking for a simple ad rotator, but it works great for what I'm looking for. It may be worth looking into.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread