Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Supposed Google Tech Issue With IE
    About a week ago, after using IE as my browser for 7 years without incident, while trying to log into our Google adword accounts, I noticed the first attempt was being consistently rejected. It subsequently required me to re-enter the same information a second time in order to access the accounts.

I contacted Google about this yesterday as it happens EVERY time I try to log in now and yet it accepts the log in EVERY time on the second attempt. I received a reply from G this morning. The rep informed me that they are aware that there seems to be a log in tech issue with advertisers who use IE 7 as a browser. He further advised that they are working diligently to find a solution...

In the interim, he coincidentally recommended that I switch my browser to Chrome or Safari as a work-around. (hmmm) Strange coincidence I guess. It is my understanding that Google owns Chrome / Safari. Here is an excerpt from his reply:

“Hello Alan,

Thank you for your email. I'm sorry to hear that you're having login
    difficulty in your AdWords account. I checked into this and found that our
    technical team has identified a technical issue affecting a limited number
    of accounts that are using IE 7 browser version.

Our technical team is currently working diligently to find a resolution.
    In the meantime, I'd recommend using a browser such as Chrome or Safari as
    a temporary workaround.”

I’m curious to see if others using the IE browser are experiencing this same issue recently. Having used IE for 7 years without incident when logging into our G adwords campaigns, this makes me scratch my head and wonder what is really up. Anyone else using IE and having this problem now?
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Interesting - haven't had the problem yet with IE7, but have plenty of problems with Google Chrome which often hangs up on login pages (I presume it's trying to cache the secure page).

Chrome and ABW do not play well with one another, either - on any page. It will actually suck the life out of my network, kick me off of my IM's and sometimes even my internet connection - all while, I suspect, trying to cache every page it visits. And THEY have the nerve to take it out of Beta.

Safari is Apple's browser - pretty plain Jane -

I try to view my sites in IE7, FF, Safari, Chrome.

All in all, I use FF the most anymore as it renders pages more realistically.

~ Denis

Haha - spoke too soon.

Guess I don't use IE as much as I thought anymore...took TWO attempts to log into Adwords...

~ Denis

ABW Ambassador
    Getting in fine. Think it's what they said, some temp glitch somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Getting in fine. Think it's what they said, some temp glitch somewhere.
    I'm assuming that as well. Just kind of hit me as funny that 7 years no glitch, then a week ago this starts happening and coincidental to the hiccup, he suggested Chrome.

Convergence - thanks for the follow up. Sorry to hear that it is happening with your IE as well.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton

Convergence - thanks for the follow up. Sorry to hear that it is happening with your IE as well.
    NP, IE has become my 2ndary browser of choice these days (maybe even 3rd)...

Hey, Donuts suggested a solution on another forum and it worked for me. If you are having this issue with IE on Google account login, I've taken the liberty of copying his suggestion below. Thanks Donuts!!

go to this url:
    https://adwords.google.com/select/

and try and login (don't use your password manager if you use one).

if it lets you in the first time, check your password manager (or bookmark) that you've been using and see what the url is that you have been using. if the url above works, rebookmark or edit the url in your password manager.

** P.s. If you are experiencing this issue and you try the above and it works for you, please post it here so I can see if it is working for others too.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread