ABW Ambassador
    Well, with Christmas buying season in full-swing, was just curious how everyone is doing this year. This is my first true Christmas sale season (last year my site really didn't "take off" until February).

While I'm not in the league as many other affiliates, I've been quite pleased with sales so far. Conversion rates have also really skyrocketed - which has been a happy surprise. All said and done, for the first 6 days of December, I've made $1200 - a record for sales in such a short time frame for my site. Traffic is running around 3k-4k unique visitors per day and eating up about 600 MB of bandwidth everyday. My site is a content site, by the way.

Anyone else having a good Christmas season??

Jim

Wish I could say it was going but it's not much. Last year (my first) I had nice traffic and did well but this year my traffic is about 25% of last. It looks like back to the drawing board. Obviously I still have much to learn but I'm not giving up. For the coming year it will be diversify and conquer!

"Advertising is the most fun you can have with your clothes on."
    Jerry Della Femina

ABW Ambassador
    Jim,

Last year we were very happy with how we did in December and would've been happy with that extra income this year as well. In our case, we ended up making more money as each month went by this year, with the except of a couple that were a little worse.

I finally picked an amount which was a monthly goal to maintain and I am shocked but we have had no problem attaining that amount month after month. This month, however, if our pace holds we are ont track to almost quadruple that amount. This is shocking to me as we only do this a few hours/day max and were already making almost 5 figures a month.

We just say, keep it coming and hope that we can, as we have heard so many people on here lately say they have gotten hurt.

I say, congrats to you and wich you continued succcess. I'd still be thrilled with what we made last year, it sure makes it easier not to have to worry about how much I'm spending on stuff.

Robin

Awsome traffic and sales here. Sales are coming in through the networks and private programs consistantly this month. Traffic is 4X my average for '03 and what's really changed has been the page views/visitor. They're eating up bandwith at the rate of about 1.5g every two days. Wednesday was the first time I had to buy more and I'll probably run low again today.

I want to thank Leader for a post she made a while back. The question was "Do you make Christmas pages?". She said she considered all her existing pages to be Christmas pages since sales are made in most all shopping categories. So, I used my existing very high ranking Christmas pages to direct traffic to the different category and product pages on my site.

A lesson learned last year: With all the holiday sales excitement, don't forget to get pages ready for Valentines Day now.

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> A lesson learned last year: With all the holiday sales excitement, don't forget to get pages ready for Valentines Day now.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right on. In fact, we've already begun photography on our spring/summer line of new products/designs

Erik

==============================
    The AllPiercings.com Affiliate Program: 20% LIFETIME Commissions, 5% 2nd Tier Commissions, Affiliate Store Builder, Raw Datafeeds, and Advanced Tools.
    http://www.Allpiercings.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I want to thank Leader for a post she made a while back. The question was "Do you make Christmas pages?". She said she considered all her existing pages to be Christmas pages since sales are made in most all shopping categories. So, I used my existing very high ranking Christmas pages to direct traffic to the different category and product pages on my site. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're welcome. You can always nominate that HERE, *hint hint*

It's the most wonderful time of the year!~Old Christmas Song

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You're welcome. You can always nominate that HERE, *hint hint* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ABW Ambassador
    Interesting article in the NYT about shipping for online stores this year.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/12/08/te...gy/08ecom.html

May the Christmas sales keep rolling along.

Jim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimh009:
    Anyone else having a good Christmas season??
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes thanks. So far, first $500 day, first $600 day and first $700 day. Now extrapolating that up to the end of the month ...

[calculator tapping ...]

--------------
    Are you Crazy?

It looks like a bit of a fluke but I made more the first 4 days of December than almost all of November. Things have tapered off a bit.

Conversion rates are a lot higher, which is expected this time of year.

<hr>
    Leave the gun, take the cannolis.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Glad to hear it is going well for everyone. I on the other hand took a pounding with Google last update and things are S-L-O-W here.

Oh well, I will just keep plugging along. *LOL*

~Michelle

"All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."

"Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Got out the calculator last night. Looks like it'll be the 2nd highest month ever. Maybe even better if I snag some more Ink listings to pump things up!

I must say I just can't get used to looking at so many places (instead of just CJ)! Once I remembered all the scattered, miscellaneous programs and networks and added their results in, the picture changed a lot!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I on the other hand took a pounding with Google last update and things are S-L-O-W here. ~Michelle<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Put in some Inktomi listings so you don't completely miss out...

It's the most wonderful time of the year!~Old Christmas Song

[This message was edited by Leader on December 08, 2003 at 12:35 PM.]

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Congrats to all the are having great holiday sales. Hang in there to those of you that aren't. Keep thinking positive!

Irvs Luggage and Executive Essentials sales are on fire this month, due largely to all the loyal ABWebbers that have been promoting our programs.

So far in 1 WEEK, you have sold 200% more than the entire month of January last year.

A well known female ABWebber made a sale yesterday for 1,018. So if yesterday was "Secret Sale Day" she would have won the big contest.
    http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.co...terewards.html

Secret Sale day is coming and the winners will soon be announced! I can't wait to give away all the prizes!

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: 13 High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Programs
    HUGE Holiday Sales Contest. WIN BIG PRIZES! <font color="#0000FF">Click Here!</font>

[This message was edited by Catalyst on December 08, 2003 at 01:49 PM.]

I changed my name to reflect this months affiliate sales.

We really didn't anticipate such strong sales this early in our program, but we're (of course) delighted to be shipping 35-40 orders per day since about the last week of november (about a 40% jump over october) and have had our first affiliate break the $400 commission barrier already this month (also a record).

We're definitely going to look into a gift wrapping service next year, as quite a few customers have been requesting it.

I guess a vibrating tongue ring must make a good stocking stuffer (we've sold 57 so far this month!)

Erik

==============================
    The AllPiercings.com Affiliate Program: 20% LIFETIME Commissions, 5% 2nd Tier Commissions, Affiliate Store Builder, Raw Datafeeds, and Advanced Tools.
    http://www.Allpiercings.com

In November, I beat my previously best month (October) by $900.00. If things keep going this month I'll beat November by $300.00.
    Over the course of the year my sales increased between $50 and $400 every month and then took a major jump in November.
    I just hope I can keep it going through next year.

Thank you to everyone @ ABW for sharing your knowledge.

CDC

ABW Ambassador
    December is coming along stonkingly. I will earn more in December than I made for the entire year in 2002. I had to upgrade my December closing target from 25-30k to 35-45k.

Good luck with your sales and a very Merry Christmas to you all!

<font face=verdana size=1 color=43639C>Parasiteware - Any software, process or method that aims to make money by avoiding any involvement in the sales process apart from hijacking transactions that have been created by the hard work of others.</font>

stonkingly?

"I did'nt get where I'm at today by worrying about how I'm going to feel tomorrow."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I changed my name to reflect this months affiliate sales. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must have several times that, at least.

_____
    I earned something? Who screwed up?

$3.49 in commissions I hope it isn't reversed!

ABW Ambassador
    I'm just curious, but is anyone having solid art related sales at all? I know art sales tend to be low converting most of the year, but had higher hopes that between turkey day and christmas sales would increase. So far, while I have seen a small tick up in conversions for art sales, it has been rather underwhelming, to say the least.

Jim

80% of my sites are online services oriented. These are actually lower so far this month (but were great in November).

Only a few shipable product sites (plus some Amazon on almost all my sites) and sales for these are up about 50% from a normal month.

L4

Everywhere you go, leave someone or something better than you found it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'm just curious, but is anyone having solid art related sales at all<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm on track to break $1000 in commissions this month with AllPosters

Erik

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread