ABW Ambassador
    Couldn't Wait for 2008 to End
    I guess LinkShare couldn't wait for 2008 to end. I logged in to LS. The reporting system told me that it's already in January, 2009. (of course, LS doesn't have Dec 31 stats yet).

Yuck, I see my LinkShare earnings have fallen to under a penny a click. I hope OneCause spends my Linkshare earnings well.

Here's wishing everyone (except OneShare) a happy New Years. BTW, if Linkshare fails; just remember there's other networks that aren't simply second rate bait and switch schemes.

My heart goes out to all who invested with Madoff or who depend on Linkshare for their income.

yintercept,
    I feel for ya there.
    Guess we won't know how much they are stealing, sense they haven't update the amount of donations on their site.
    Will be interesting to see tho.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

well its 2009 here in the UK
    :approval:

Beth aka 1stAngel
    [URL=http://1stangel.co.uk]1stAngel Arts Magazine[/URL]
    [URL=http://galileowasright.com]Galileo Was Right[/URL]

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yintercept
    I guess LinkShare couldn't wait for 2008 to end. I logged in to LS. The reporting system told me that it's already in January, 2009.
    LS is on GMT - several hours ahead of US time.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

WTF why no stats for 31st and 1st then? are they busy celebrating new year? crazy.

ABW Ambassador
    The timezone difference isn't the problem. After all, only one twentyfourth of a year is in any given time zone. No matter where the system is 23/24th of the world will be unhappy with the timezone choice.

The reason the reports look awkward is that the report generation mechanism pretends that it is reporting real time, while the data gets imported through delayed batch processing. If you want to make a system based on batch processing look clean, you base the reports on the batch import time.

As it stands, the quick stats on the front page show zero activity from January 1, while the detailed reports don't have the the data from December 31st. One wouldn't expect such a gaff with a company calling its product analytics.

well first of all as usual linkshare is super slow. Secondly, i cant see any data for 31st or 1st neither on main page nor on advanced reports. DUH.

ABW Ambassador
    Was 2008 the year of the Parasite on Linkshare? It seems OneCause had made 2008 the year many affiliates have had enough of the BS theiving. I cetainly won't be putting any work into adding new LS merchant links in 2009 unless they do something about all the parasites on the Linkshare network.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

i still dont see any data since 31st. WTF is wrong.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread