ABW Ambassador
    Never Any Sales with ShareASale
    I don't remember having one sale with a sas merchant using a goldencan link even though I have had a number of websites and many thousands of click throughs. I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this. I do get the occasional CJ sale from GC but that's about it.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I have noticed that GoldenCan does not update their feeds from SAS. It is entirely possible that your clickthroughs lead to a dead end page. In PopShops if a merchant goes offline they pull the feed but GC just keeps on showing the merchandise even though the click cannot be completed. PCUniverse has been "Temporarily Offline" for over a month but you can still go in to GC and create a store for them using the SAS datafeed. The SAS datafeed has been empty since November. What does that tell you about the usefulness of a "dynamic" store from GC? You can use WebMerge and get a more dynamic store.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    I have noticed that GoldenCan does not update their feeds from SAS. It is entirely possible that your clickthroughs lead to a dead end page. In PopShops if a merchant goes offline they pull the feed but GC just keeps on showing the merchandise even though the click cannot be completed. PCUniverse has been "Temporarily Offline" for over a month but you can still go in to GC and create a store for them using the SAS datafeed. The SAS datafeed has been empty since November. What does that tell you about the usefulness of a "dynamic" store from GC? You can use WebMerge and get a more dynamic store.
    Hi 2busy,

Happy New Year!.

When a merchant goes temporarily offline at ShareASale we do not deactivate the merchant at GoldenCAN right away because we send an email to all users at GoldenCAN which are using that merchant at GoldenCAN. We first contact the merchant and find out if they are coming back online in the Network or not. If we donít get a response back from the merchant or merchant confirms the deactivation from the network then we remove them from GoldenCAN also. If the merchantís response is that they are trying to resolve their issue with the network and they will be active again soon, then we wait for some days and follow-up again. In case of PC Universe, they said that they are in the middle of being acquired by another company and their program will be active back again soon. I will check on this matter ASAP.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't think my issue would be totally from this updating problem but I'm wondering if I'm using the wrong tracking ID or something? I use the number that I get from SAS page on the top left where it says "Your User ID: ###### as the affiliate ID in Goldencan, is this right? I understand I can use that ID on any website and it doesn't need to be listed on my SAS account.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Yes that is the number you use for GC also.
    Just under you name and before the log off link.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

I wondered too, but I am using both a single feed for Village hats and that did "ok" for Dec. Another that uses multi-merchants and search, and have sales from both the GC shop and search from that "multi-merchant-shops."

just my 2 cents.
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread