Can We Get Notification of Commission Change
    Most of us believe that a commission rate is part of the agreement between affiliates and merchants but apparently it is not. Since there have been some instances of commission levels being changed without affiliates knowing I think it needs to be addressed; we need to be aware when it happens. I am sure this could be easily implemented since we get notified of changes in the affiliate agreement. It is very inconvenient to have to check commission levels for every merchant every day.

This has been mentioned in a couple of threads but want to be sure the underlying problem of no notification in any instance is addressed.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

http and a telephoto
    Carolyn mentioned that this is already being worked on because of those issues in the other thread. Good to keep it at top of mind though! Hopefully it can be implemented quickly. Any change in commission, up down or custom, it would be great if the affiliate got an automatic notice
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

When this is implemented, please make sure to take into account the base commissions, group commissions, and individual commissions, and presumably what group(s) an affiliate is assigned to, as all of these can affect the actual commissions credited.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Even if it was just a generic "heads-up" notification whenever there was a change it would be appreciated. I have never had a problem, but after reading about some of the recent changes that have been done, it would be a very easy thing to not be aware of.

I think the other thread had a SAS network manager say an AM couldn't change it with out notifying SAS about it. You would think that if they could drop it from 30% to 1% that an action would need to be followed to make affiliates aware. If I am doing a PPC campaign based on a 30% commission and it drops to 1% without me being notified, I'm going to feel a little ticked off to say the least!!

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by calebtheredwood
    I think the other thread had a SAS network manager say an AM couldn't change it with out notifying SAS about it. You would think that if they could drop it from 30% to 1% that an action would need to be followed to make affiliates aware. If I am doing a PPC campaign based on a 30% commission and it drops to 1% without me being notified, I'm going to feel a little ticked off to say the least!!
    We change it in the Shareasale backend, there is no "notifying", it's a setting. That setting doesn't affect the TOS or the html on the information page, it just affects what is shown for commissions when you look right at the merchant information in the listings.

Michael, that is what I was trying to say, you said it much clearer! It would be nice if an affiliate got a notification when they were added to a group or when their commission was increased either manually or due to sales bonus incentives that are tied to commissions.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Outsourced Program Manager
    There is an option that when an AM posts a Manual bonus that the affiliate is notified. I use it all the time.

When an AM/Merchant changes details on the program the affiliate should be notified of such changes ( like PPC biding info), ( which CJ does) I would think that commission changes would also be sent to the affiliates as well.

ON the other hand any AM that is doing his/her job should notify ALL affiliates of commission changes well in advance of the changes for the very reason mentioned baove concerning PPC.
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

Bumping this up. Is there a reason why we are not notified when our commission level is changed?
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

ABW Ambassador
    Bumping this because it was asked about again - http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...532#post979532

Has this been implemented yet? Do affiliates get notified when a merchant changes up the commissions/payout?

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread