Question Iamges distorted in the shop
    I have notice after I create a shop and upload the html or php file that the shop images will be distorted larger and pixelated on the first load of the page. Sometimes it is all the images and other times it is just a few.

Anyone else have this problem?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Been having image problems since the beginning.

Evidently, it's a "Front Page issue for me. Still drives me crazy and would love to know why it's happening and how to fix it. The positive is that the page renders the thumbnails the right size once uploaded and online.

Not sure if this is the same issue you're having, Squerry.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

My problem is happening even after I upload the files. Once I reload the page it goes away though.. Makes me want to learn php, so I don't have to deal with limitations of software!

Quote Originally Posted by Squerry
    Makes me want to learn php, so I don't have to deal with limitations of software!
    Is anyone stopping you [from learning php]?

How much do you pay per month or are you on the free plan? What is your overall satisfaction level in terms of a cost-benefit analysis?

Many affiliates seem to love PopShops because it saves them time and it creates the output they're looking for.
    Webmerge might be an alternative, but it appears as if some affiliates have migrated from webmerge to PopShops. I hope someone helps you with the image problems, if not think of possible alternatives.

You can find webmerge info here:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=194

I would have PMed this to you, but I don't know if you have enough posts to receive & send PMs.

Btw, it's still possible to create webpages using the cut & paste method for the affiliate links and html for the pages. You can get good books on techniques at your local library to start.
    Last edited by Rhia7; January 1st, 2009 at 11:58 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

My problem is happening even after I upload the files. Once I reload the page it goes away though.. Makes me want to learn php, so I don't have to deal with limitations of software!
    If you're on this business for the long run, I would suggest you try to learn PHP, even if you think you don't need it now, sooner or later you will.

I waited many years before I even look at any PHP script, because I was happy with Front Page, but once I tried a big datafeed with PHP, I was hook.

So in less than one year I learned a lot about PHP, and by now I know so many different ways to make a site with PHP, than just the few options I had with Front Page...

@ Mr. Sal - Where did you start to learn php? I have looked at some online tutorials but it looks very challenging.

@Rhia7 - Thank you for the information. I'll look into webmerge. If you are available for a conversation I would love to ask you a few questions, please email me at stevenquerry@gmail.com

@Squerry -- I myself do not use webmerge, I'm just aware that other affiliates use it; in fact webmerge used to be very popular and some affiliates seem to still like it. Other affiliates seem to prefer PopShops over webmerge.

I know that Mr. Sal started with webmerge and graduated to PHP -- he would be a better contact for you at this point than I would.

Some publishers I can recommend are the Sams Teach Yourself series, the Visual blueprint series, and the Visual Quickstart Guide[s]: a number of computer/Internet/techniques are covered in these series and you can buy a title at a bookstore with confidence or borrow one [interlibrary loan if your local library doesn't have a title] from a library.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

@Rhia7 - Thank you for the information. I'll look into webmerge. If you are available for a conversation I would love to ask you a few questions, please email me
    I think I answered everything that I can concerning your issue[s]. I did have one thing to tell you; check your e-mail.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

@ Mr. Sal - Where did you start to learn php? I have looked at some online tutorials but it looks very challenging.
    Squerry, I started by buying a PHP/MySQL book, but I never finished reading the book before I started experimenting with some PHP scripts on an empy directory on one of my sites.

Here are some useful links you can check out:

What is PHP?
    http://www.php.net/

PHP Tutorial
    http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp

PHP Tutorial - Learn PHP
    http://www.tizag.com/phpT/

PHP Questions
    http://www.php-questions.com/index.php

Thank you very much Mr. Sal

Squerry, did you submit a support ticket?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread