No Data since 31st December?
    WTF is wrong with linkshare. There is no data since 31st. I had so many targetted clicks. guess this will make me loose atleast $1000. Darn, just switched all links to CJ now. They suck but better than linkshare atleast.

I remember that my another website was not showing any data under Lead advantage and they said you need to apply again for this site. Strange, so i clicked it and from that day, I dont see any data for first site or other one. So totally data is gone and linkshare is eating on my commission.

anyone else has this issue?

15 years and counting
    Remember, reporting at LinkShare is a two steps process. First, merchants have to send their data to LinkShare, then LinkShare has to upload it.
    As many merchants check their data (or manipulate it) before sending it to LinkShare, you may have to wait a few days.
    I've sales after Dec 31st. but their interface still doesn't work properly.

thanks. I believe the signup process which i did again screwed up my reporting. God knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Remember, reporting at LinkShare is a two steps process. First, merchants have to send their data to LinkShare, then LinkShare has to upload it.
    As many merchants check their data (or manipulate it) before sending it to LinkShare, you may have to wait a few days.
    I've sales after Dec 31st. but their interface still doesn't work properly.
    "(or manipulate it)"
    The way this is done is wrong. Period.
    This way we don't even know witch sales had "problems"
    This should work automatic and then they should edit the problems out with a short explanation.
    Talking about transparency...

And I really like when I do PPC to see instant results, not to wait 3 days until I get all the data and see that I lost money.
    [URL=http://www.pexcornel.com]Pexcornel blog[/URL]

I have sales reported for yesterday (and today). Keep in mind several things about LinkShare:

1) They are on GMT, so their days stard and end 4-8 hours earlier that what those of us in the US would expect.

2) All of their merchants batch report, so with many merchants you only see sales reported once a day. Some batch hourly. I think they support up to every 15 minutes, and I'm sure some merchants do that, but I don't know which ones.

3) The earliest place you'll see sales is in the Individual Item report. The other reports are summary reports that I think are only updated daily.

4) LinkShare has two (or is it three?) databases and interfaces, and the numbers may not match up between them. Traditional reports, Synergy Analytics, and the new Dashboard.

If you're doing PPC and don't want to run blind that long, run the PPC for a day and then pause your campaign. Once the sales report and you see how you did, make adjustments and try again.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

15 years and counting
    pexcorne - This should work automatic and then they should edit the problems out with a short explanation.
    For some merchants, it works like that. Most of the time, they are the merchants you want to work with. Reporting is automatic and usually fast.
    For others, they have conflicting channels, and somebody has to clean up the data before the ltrans. I agree, there's no transparency. You get only what they want to show you.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread