How was your Q4 2008?
    I was quite surprised this Q4 with earnings exactly on par or slightly above my 2007 earnings. How'd everybody else do?

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

nothing special here. kinda blah, in fact . . .

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Started off great with Halloween products, costumes, etc - slowed down by Christmas...

Better 4Q this year...
    Stop blaming the parasites, low return days, cookie stuffers, networks, lousy AMs, and TOOLBARS!

It was HUGE...but then again this time last year I was just a part-time affiliate marketer No regrets about quitting my job anymore!

I don't know where the overall ecommerce numbers will come in at, but it was good for me in online retail. I think shoppers went online looking for bargains and they found them since retailers were pretty agressively discounting.

It was pretty good ... except for the last couple of days. The whole year
    was pretty good ... except for some investment values.

Affiliate Manager
    overall it was good, i think everyone noticed a bit of a slow down though

of course if you watch the news it's hard not to slow down your spending

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I had my best month ever in December. My total for the year was about $1500 less than last year, but considering I was dumped by one of my best merchants mid-year, and the economy's in the crapper, I think I did alright.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I've had major personal matters that have taken me away from working on my sites for significant periods over the past six months. As a consequence, needed updates, especially replacing unavailable products, let alone much of what I had anticipated adding for Q4, just did not get done. Combine that with the state of the economy, and I am absolutely flabbergasted that my December commissions were slightly higher than Dec. 2007 (though all of Q4 was about 5% less*). Who knows what would have happened if I had been able to spend the time on AM over the past weeks......

_____
    *My No. 1 site was offline (due to technical issues the idiots at the host co could not figure out for a week) from Nov. 24 to Dec. 1. Normal sales for that period would have erased the 5% deficit.
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; January 2nd, 2009 at 10:37 PM.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, theres no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

It was horrible the last two weeks of December. Prior to that, things were going great. Currently I might as well not be paying for a domain but I have faith business will return.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread