ABW Ambassador
    Smile Hi guys Remember Me!! Top 10 PPCs?
    Hi Everyone: Does anyone remember me - I started this thread back in 2002 "What are your affiliate goals for the year 2002" here: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=9187

I hope all are doing swell and making lots of money.

Anyway, can anyone tell me what happened to Goclick, lol, I was shocked to see they are no longer in business.

So aside from yahoo aka overture and google adwords - are there any other really good PPC engines out there. I heard Miva aka findwhat sucks now.

Back in the day my favorites were overture, findwhat, and 7search. LOL!!

If anyone can inform of the popular PPCs I'd appreciate it.

Also would love to know what everyone is doing now. Role Call!! LOL!!

If you wonder what I'm doing - I have my own internet business now selling my own products and have 3 employees and a brick and business office location and am just loving life and am truly blessed.

Can't wait to hear from ya'll - Haiko, Leader, Heyder, Gordon, Buckworks, Mousejockey and so many others I can't name you all.

15 years and counting
    I remember you JadaKiss. Welcome back. How is your eBay business doing?
    Didn't read the last two line. Congrats on your 3 employees. Seems like you're doing great!

ABW Ambassador
    "Can't wait to hear from ya'll - Haiko, Leader, Heyder, Gordon, Buckworks, Mousejockey and so many others I can't name you all"

A lot or the people from back then are no longer active on here.

Welcome back

Cool
    oh, some of us are still here . . . welcome back!

last I remember was you were getting too busy in eBay.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Goclick was bought out by what was Enhance (Enhance since changed their name yet again to Marchex), ran it for a few months, and then closed it down, with no notice.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, theres no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by JadaKiss
    If you wonder what I'm doing - I have my own internet business now selling my own products and have 3 employees and a brick and business office location and am just loving life and am truly blessed.
    Hey Jada, great to see you again! How great to hear your still rocking and rolling, and loving life - that is being blessed indeed. That's just great!

The landscape has changed a bit here, Leader is still here as a mod but more importantly as a merchant as well! Heyder has been around but not as vocal, Gordon and MJ left Affiliate marketing and I haven't seen Elizabeth for a long time but many other old timers are still active.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JadaKiss
    Hi Everyone: Does anyone remember me
    Hi Jada, Glad to see you posting again and that you are doing great ... congrats on your success and may it continue well into 2009 and beyond ..
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

http and a telephoto
    Even I remember you Welcome back and glad to hear you are doing well I always loved your member name, it sounds so fun.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Guys!!! Ah it's so good to hear from you all!! I'm glad you remember me because I will never ever forget you guys or Abestweb.

So alots changed?! Well change is normally good. Sad to hear some left affiliate marketing.

I rarely do eBay anymore. I left them about 2 years ago. They got a bit too greedy. So I started my own thing.

But wow, I will never forget where I came from. I was an entrepreneur born from Affiliate Marketing, back in the days where the main forum was on CJ and then they closed down and I learned about Abestweb and it was the best thing that ever happened to me - my hats off to Haiko, Leader and so many others that helped me along the way. That was the birth of it all for me - this board. It's where I learned how to dream and dream big or not at all and that I have done, and dreams do come true. Even though that road ended for me nearly about 6 years ago, it opens doors to so much more. And I can't thank you guys enough.

Much Love and I will be back more often.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Hi Jada!

As Haiko said, I'm on the merchantside now. 3 merchant sites, each with their own product line. I've still got my aff sites up, but when it comes down to updates...well when some aff program offers me a bigger percentage than being a merchant does, and settles my payment in 2 days like being a merchant does, that's when they'll see an update! I tried to motivate myself to update my first mall site, and ended up putting another 15 products on Merchant Site #2 instead. Made a sale from that effort within 24 hours. Immediate gratification FTW!

My mother always used to say (about the packing & shipping) "It's not w*rk if it's YOUR place!" but I didn't believe it until it was indeed my place. Now I agree, it's not w*rk. Could be because I'm making $XX per box packed, instead of about 20c!!! Not to mention the improvements in the process. No boxes with only 1/100th of an inch of clearance allowed!

As for the absolute latest, last week my main computer's hard drives both decided that they'd rather be in a landfill than in my computer! In other words, they're toast, and I'm on that ancient eMachines from 1999 until a new drive is delivered. So that sucks. But meh, stuff happens.

Other than Yahoo and AdWords, I don't know any good PPCs. MSN's in the biz, but I haven't dealt with them. All I remember reading about them is that they're a PITA, plus, Ma tried them and found that to be true. I know there are others out there, but so far I haven't heard of any that were associated with sending quality traffic.

So you got sick of eBay... that sounded like a lot of w*rk, plus I keep reading that the profit margins for sellers there have gone down to tiny levels. So I'm not surprised you're doing better without 'em. Congrats on your 3 wage-slaves! A brick-n-mortar location...I've thought of doing that, but people tend to expect those to be open at some semblance of a predictable hour! LOL I may go for a warehouse at some point, but I'd have to be able to find someone I could really trust to do the daily opening if it was going to have a schedule other than "whenever"
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Leader: That sounds great - nothing like having your own products. I never imagined I could make any money online. Now I know the sky is the limit!! There is so much to choose from and so little time to do it all. lol!!

I have not been on eBay for about 2 years - your right - the profits for sellers began to drop because of eBay's greediness - they kept raising fees, then changing the way results appeared for certain items.

So I took my last product that I started a business with on eBay and said "let me make a website and see how that goes". And lo and behold - by the Grace of God - it took off bigger then anything I've ever done online - so here I sit now with a successful online store, and 3 employees to handle the customer service and phone orders, shipping and inventory hence why I needed the brick and mortar location. But 95% of the sales come from the website. We do get a small percentage of in office sales. But it's not really a "store" persay its more of our business office - we don't have a store front - we are in a medical office building.

But it's great. Well I wish you contiued success. Have a Happy and Prosperous New Year!!

Hi Jada,

It sure has been a long time. I don't spend my time on abestweb like I should. I owe a lot to this community for all of the knowledge and experience I've gained from them. It's nice to see you around again and I hope all is going well.

I'm not much of an affiliate anymore but I'm tempted to give it another dabble. I hope you'll be back again soon it was nice hearing my name come up. lol

Mike

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread