The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Angry What a helpful reply
    I applied to a merchant, I know I shouldn't but still. Here was the reply I got.

Thank you very much for your interest and application to the $$$$$$$$.com Affiliate Program. We regret to inform you that at this time we cannot accept your website. The reason for this decision may include one or more of the following:

* inability to access web site
    * web site not yet live
    * traffic levels too low
    * inappropriate material on site
    * content not relevant to merchant
    * merchant not adding any new affiliates at this point
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any reason that 1 they give the real reason especially if its the top or bottom reason or give no reason at all which this is. Also, is it really too hard for the person rejecting you to send out their own email?

Let's make up some reasons that might be just as valid

* We don't do business with people born in May
    * I'm using the time I should be reviewing your site to fool around with my secrtetary
    * Voices in my head say don't accept new sites today
    * Who says reviewing sites is part of my job description
    * Parasites were going to steal your commissions anyway so I am really doing you a favor
    * The more affiliates I accept the more work I have to do

Those with other ideas can list them below
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

http and a telephoto
    I don't know about Linkshare, but on CJ and SAS there is a canned message that goes to everyone. On Shareasale we can customize the general message, but don't have the ability to send a personalized one, unless we send it before you are rejected.

Viator sends every questionable affiliate an email prior to rejecting. Questionable as in "site not found" or "site not appropriate".
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

This may not be the issue, but in LinkShare I had to create a separate channel for each site I run.

It doesn't necessarily make a lot of sense, but I can see why an electronics advertiser would reject me if all they saw was a shoe site for example.

Wow this was great timing as this message just landed in my inbox:

"We regret to inform you that **StupidMerchant** has chosen not to accept
    you into their affiliate program at this time. The reason for this
    decision may be as follows:

* inability to access Web site
    * Web site not yet live
    * traffic levels too low
    * inappropriate material on site

Please feel free to re-apply with **StupidMerchant** whenever you feel you
    have been able to address the concern(s) listed above or if you feel you have received this in error."

I do feel like I've received this message in error. Maybe I'll reapply. Or maybe it's their loss, I've been doing just fine without them.

Tax Paying Member
    In the early days, I took those canned rejections personal. I even complained about a few and got accepted into the program.

The canned rejection is better that getting accepted and a month later, while I am setting up the merchant on one site, I get a message that I am being booted for inactivity.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Don't take it to heart. It's a canned message.
    If you run a program that gets 100-200 affiliates a day, it would be impossible to write a warm and personal message to each affiliate you reject.

When i ran a program on LS, I put my name on the message and a few ways to contact me. I had one or 2 legit affiliate contact me. Most that I rejected did not have a site up or the WHOIS is bogus.

If that person was interested, he would have contacted the prog manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ewe
    Don't take it to heart. It's a canned message.
    If you run a program that gets 100-200 affiliates a day, it would be impossible to write a warm and personal message to each affiliate you reject.

When i ran a program on LS, I put my name on the message and a few ways to contact me. I had one or 2 legit affiliate contact me. Most that I rejected did not have a site up or the WHOIS is bogus.

If that person was interested, he would have contacted the prog manager.
    Hi Eric !

I'm wondering is it still 100-200 people a day ? Thats just mind freezing .. so many people are getting into the affiliate market OMG ...

http and a telephoto
    100-200 applications on CJ is not unusual. And they are mostly from India with no website or "google.com" "yahoo.com" listed as their website. One of the reasons we moved a big program off there last month. I would imagine LS is similar.
    Deborah Carney

We don't accept sites with dancing cows
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by affninja
    This may not be the issue, but in LinkShare I had to create a separate channel for each site I run.

It doesn't necessarily make a lot of sense, but I can see why an electronics advertiser would reject me if all they saw was a shoe site for example.
    LinkShare is by far the hardest network to get approved, at least for me. I too had multiple channels and I deleted all but one in an attempt to get accepted into more programs.

Its weird, I get solicitations from LinkShare AM's, that say roughly, "Hey we see you are a top performer in xxx category, why don't you join our program". To which I reply, "You turned me down last week..." Happens all the time on Linkshare, but not on any of the other networks.

I'm guessing there is something pretty broken in the UI that the merchants see on Linkshare?
    Last edited by isellstuff; January 5th, 2009 at 10:54 PM.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

I think your seeing how much effort some affiliate manager's put into their programs. The Networks can certainly through some hurdles in there too, but it's still the affiliate manager's job to sort out these apps. Every time I've been turned down for a program, I always follow it up with an email asking for specific reasons and if I can make some changes to get approved. 9 out of 10 I never hear back from. This usually indicates a bogus affiliate program that I'm happy to be turned down from since I would have never gotten any support from anyways.

Other reasons a site would be turned down:
    "My magic 8 Balls said NO"
    "You seem like you would want an active relationship, that's too difficult for me"
    "We don't need new affiliates now that we let OneCause in"

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by calebtheredwood
    Other reasons a site would be turned down:
    "My magic 8 Balls said NO"
    "You seem like you would want an active relationship, that's too difficult for me"
    "We don't need new affiliates now that we let OneCause in"
    "I just don't feel like actually looking at your website."
    "If I accept you, you might ask questions about OneCause that I don't won't to answer."
    "You submitted your application on a MONDAY, I don't approve anything on a MONDAY."

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by oranges
    Let's make up some reasons that might be just as valid

* We don't do business with people born in May
    * I'm using the time I should be reviewing your site to fool around with my secrtetary
    * Voices in my head say don't accept new sites today
    * Who says reviewing sites is part of my job description
    * Parasites were going to steal your commissions anyway so I am really doing you a favor
    * The more affiliates I accept the more work I have to do
    That's the best laugh I got all day.

But on a serious note, in regards to this:

Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff
    Its weird, I get solicitations from LinkShare AM's, that say roughly, "Hey we see you are a top performer in xxx category, why don't you join our program". To which I reply, "You turned me down last week..." Happens all the time on Linkshare, but not on any of the other networks.
    I run a program on SaS. Any one know if there is a way to see stats like this on there?

(Not sure if that question is appropriate for this forum, but the thought occurred while reading the post, so I thought I would ask.)

Why take a form letter as a personal affront. If you really think there is money to be made and that you will be the poorer for not being accepted then contact them and ask. You might be pleasantly surprised.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdant

I run a program on SaS. Any one know if there is a way to see stats like this on there?
    No, in Shareasale there are no stats on affiliates other than their status as "Limited" or "Full". Limited means they haven't gotten a payment from Shareasale yet, so they could be new or they could be someone that just hasn't done enough to generate a payment. Full means they have gotten a payment so they are performing for *someone*.
    Deborah Carney

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    No, in Shareasale there are no stats on affiliates other than their status as "Limited" or "Full".
    I figured as much, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask. Thanks for answering.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread