RE: Using Shareasale’s technology to recruit new affiliates.
    Hello,

Recruiting external affiliates under shareasale so I can use their tracking technology

I need to know if there are any negatives about recruiting external affiliates under shareasale for the sole purpose of using shareasales tracking benefits.

FYI Im considering this because I want my affiliates to trust my payouts and shareasale calms people’s fears, but that’s not the issue)

Besides their fees, are there any significant down-sides that I should be considering?

If you have some intelligent advice to share then I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much.
    Leo

http and a telephoto
    I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. So I can't give you any intelligent advice until you explain it better.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. So I can't give you any intelligent advice until you explain it better.

Hello loxly,

To be more specific, my role within the company is to make solid relationships from affiliates outside of the Shareasale network.

Hence, are there any significant down-sides that I should be considering?

Thank you

Leo

15 years and counting
    It's still hard to understand what you want.
    If you want to make solid relationships from affiliates inside of the Shareasale network. It should work.

If you want to make solid relationships from affiliates outside of the Shareasale network. You're entering a mine field.
    Do you mean, recruiting SAS affiliates for your own affiliate program?

Shareasale is more than a tracking technology, it's "trust", relationship, support, ... and payment on time.

Hello Zues,
    Yes we are very happy with shareasale all-round.
    I want to recruit external affiliates and bring them in to partner with our program thru shareasale.

You mentioned this is a mine field??

Thanks for your help.

15 years and counting
    Leo,
    Your choice of words to describe your future relationship with Shareasale is not always the right one.
    If you follow the rules as Shareasale and let Shareasale pay the affiliates everything will be fine.
    Re: Recruiting affiliates is not a task a network does with a basic package, it's extra. You have to ask them and pay for it or hire an OPM, you have many good ones at ABW.

Affiliate Marketing could be a mine field if you don't follow or understand all the rules. With Shareasale you're already on a safe path, you just need some extra protection from bad affiliates. An OPM or AM can help you.

Thanks Again Zues.
    Yes that’s why we are going to work with shareasale.

I know there are some great OPM’s here and i will look into that more.

I was thinking of recruiting new affiliates and doing joint ventures and bringing them in to shareasale.

So that way i have shareasales great network! But also I’m generating extra income by working hard to recruit more that would not have found us had i not approached them.

Thanks again

Leo

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leogreece71
    I was thinking of recruiting new affiliates and doing joint ventures and bringing them in to shareasale.
    I don't think that there is a problem with you doing some recruiting on your own. "Bringing them into SAS" is the important thing so that your tracking is not fragmented.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

One thing that merchants can do and are not doing is to display the SAS Exclusive banner if they are SAS Exclusive merchants. Discerning affiliates look for that banner and check that list of merchants when looking for programs to promote. I just signed up at another one that is a SAS exclusive but does not show that label.
    SAS welcomes merchant-invited affiliates, that's how I found SAS

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer
    I don't think that there is a problem with you doing some recruiting on your own. "Bringing them into SAS" is the important thing so that your tracking is not fragmented.

Thanks Witzer,
    Thats what i thought.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    One thing that merchants can do and are not doing is to display the SAS Exclusive banner if they are SAS Exclusive merchants. Discerning affiliates look for that banner and check that list of merchants when looking for programs to promote. I just signed up at another one that is a SAS exclusive but does not show that label.
    SAS welcomes merchant-invited affiliates, that's how I found SAS

Thanks 2busy,
    Good point. and as an affiliate, are you happy with their service, reporting et cetera.

Leo
    Last edited by leogreece71; January 6th, 2009 at 11:59 AM.

Thanks 2busy,
    Good point. and as an affiliate, are you happy with their service, reporting et cetera.
    very
    They have excellent tools, reports and are generally user friendly. The SAS president, Brian is often in these forums responding to specific questions - something you will never see at the so-called Big3 networks.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    very
    They have excellent tools, reports and are generally user friendly. The SAS president, Brian is often in these forums responding to specific questions - something you will never see at the so-called Big3 networks.

Fantastic, I have sent them an email.

Thank You All for the support.

I was always confident with shareasale i never doubted them for a minute, i was just being diligent in regards to serving my purpose of recruiting and driving traffic to our offer.

Thanks
    Leo

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread