Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    How affiliates can supplement their income
    With the economy in such sad shape, many affiliates are either leaving the industry or searching for alternate income sources. How about $100,000.00 for an hour of work?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28503702/?gt1=43001
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

lol alan. You sure got my attention.

I don't imagine that a big fish like that would be tastier than the average size ones. Pure media stunts on the part of restaurant owners to outdo each other.

Now if you can find a way to make $100k/hour drinking Red Bull, you'll be set!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Alan, don't you think there are enough fishy affiliates around?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Now if you can find a way to make $100k/hour drinking Red Bull, you'll be set!
    Why not sip Red Bull while reeling in your $100k for the day?

I had an acquaintenance when we lived near Cape Cod that tuna fished about 3 months a year off the backside of Nantucket and usually brought in around $90,000 during that time selling his Tuna to Japanese buyers at the docks. Fresh Tuna usually fetch a price of $35 - $45 a pound from the sushi buyers depending on the quality of the fish, so he made out pretty well.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    rematt
    Rematt, picture it... satellite internet + being on the boat reeling in the Bluefin bucks. You could handle SEO'ing and ppc'ing our sites while I bring in the sushi bucks! Arrgh, the sea, she is my mistress. (or at least she will be starting this Sunday!)

Alan is anyone monitoring your meds?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Alan is anyone monitoring your meds? rematt
    Guess there's not much Tuna fishing in Chicago, eh? I wonder what the Japanese buyers would pay for Polish Sausage?

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    $370 per pound. Wow!
    If I were worth that, I'd sell for like $77,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    $370 per pound. Wow!
    If I were worth that, I'd sell for like $77,000.
    No price is too great for fresh Donuts!!

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    No price is too great for fresh Donuts!!
    ....and filled with jelly!

Tuna Fact:

In 1945 the average size of Bluefin Tuna being caught was right about 1,500 pounds. In 1955, it was down toabout 1,200 pounds. In 1965 it was down to 900 pounds. Today it is mostly between 300 and 400 pounds.

Looks like too many tuna were good enough for Starkist. So now you have to catch 4 or 5 to equal to match the catch from 50 years ago.

Maguro on ...

Outsourced Program Manager Sarah Bundy's Avatar

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by net4biz
    Tuna Fact: In 1945 the average size of Bluefin Tuna being caught was right about 1,500 pounds. In 1955, it was down toabout 1,200 pounds. In 1965 it was down to 900 pounds. Today it is mostly between 300 and 400 pounds.

Looks like too many tuna were good enough for Starkist. So now you have to catch 4 or 5 to equal to match the catch from 50 years ago. Maguro on ...
    If you have a reference article on that Net, I'd appreciate reading it. The world record tuna I believe was over 2,000 lbs, but that is the extreme rarity. Also, there are several species of tuna and each reach different weights so if all species were to be averaged out, I suspect that 200 lbs would sound reasonable, but not 1,500 lbs average. That would be impossible as some species max out at less than 100 lbs. But bluefins and I think (I'd have to go back and research previous wildlife and fisheries reports) some blackfins still reach 1,500 lbs.

I guess if we run out of tuna, we can always make sushi with catfish or bass!! LOL

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Wow Alan! I have some Starkist that cost $3 for 4 cans. Is that similar? It tastes quite good.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by MattMcWilliams
    Wow Alan! I have some Starkist that cost $3 for 4 cans. Is that similar? It tastes quite good.
    Oh Matty, my under-educated in the ways of the Tuna friend. The canned stuff is mostly albacore, which is abundant and cheap. Also, tuna that has been caught in mass (such as commercial netting etc) is often on ice for several days or even weeks before it comes ashore to processing houses. Some of it is frozen and shipped to markets in Steak form, some is used in fertilizer, and a lot is used in pet foods. The tuna that sushi buyers line up to buy is freshly caught, as in, caught that day and depending on size and quality of meat, the buy prices range between $30 - to as much as $45 bucks a pound gross weight.

If you'd like to learn more about Tuna, their migration habits, sushi and other uses, as well as receive a free sample of my new "Tuna Obsession" cologne for men or women, let me know and I'll send you a link where you can buy my new eBook, "Tuna Made Simple"

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    If you'd like to learn more about Tuna, their migration habits, sushi and other uses, as well as receive a free sample of my new "Tuna Obsession" cologne for men or women, let me know and I'll send you a link where you can buy my new eBook, "Tuna Made Simple"
    OUCH - OMG, I think I sprained my wrist when I fell out of my chair!
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

LOL C!

Matty, to clarify what I said earlier, the canned tuna is Albacore, tuna, which is a white meat tuna. By law white meat tuna are the only tuna that can be canned for sale in the U.S. Bluefins are the king of tuna for taste, texture and tenderness and as such, the exclusive specie purchased for sushi and shashimi. Skipjack, Bigeye, Yellowfin are used for everything from supermarket tuna steaks to cat and dog food. Bonito and Mackerel, which are in the Tuna family too, are also used for fertilizer, pet foods and other non human consumption products, but I think the primary use for Mackerel is throwing them onto the ice in a hockey game when the fans in Detroit can't get Octopus.

I wonder if the fishermen have an affiliate program.
    [b]Logan Thompson[/b]
    [size=-2][url=http://www.loganthompson.me]My Blog[/url] | [url=http://www.twitter.com/drumminlogan]Follow Me on Twitter[/url][/size]

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    Cool
    Wow I used to be in the lobster business we didn't get that kinda money for Maine Lobster Meat.

BTW I saw the thread title and thought I might get some good Ideas to supllement my income .
    Today I went to sell Plasma but the place was closed early for the innaugaration.
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread