CafeMom & Plagiarism
    You may want to check CafeMom for your articles and blog posts. They don't even try to reword the stuff..they just cut and paste it right onto the site.

When contacted, they said they'll remove whatever articles I can find that have been plagiarized, that their visitors post the articles. But they obviously make no attempt to check what is posted on their site & reap the rewards until they are caught.

Soooo.. if you write about anything that could fit w/ their site, you may want to dig around. Chance are you'll find some of your work sitting there.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Isn't Cafe Mom a CJ merchant???

I dread going to look but thanks for the heads up Leeann!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Isn't Cafe Mom a CJ merchant???

I dread going to look but thanks for the heads up Leeann!
    Hmm maybe they are? Maybe this should be under Merchants and not Affiliates. A lot of the article theft that I found is in the (appropriately named) Steals & Deals section. I found articles from six different sites and mine made seven. Not good. Pretty easy to figure out where the original work was written though by pasting sentences in Google - something the administrators should be doing. It became almost like a game - trying to find the original writer of some of the posts they have there.
    Last edited by leeann; January 7th, 2009 at 06:11 AM.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Interesting place. I see they are offering a toolbar too. Of course this one is a good toolbar.
    "..# No spyware and easy one-click uninstall! (Honestly! This isn't like some of the other toolbars out there.)
    #
    The CafeMom Toolbar is totally free!.."

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread