1. Potential search deal likely between Yahoo! and Microsoft
    2. Net Neutrality should become an important mainstream issue
    3. Performance-driven advertising should continue to rise
    4. Challenges in monetizing video advertising should persist
    5. Mobile usage should continue its strong growth momentum, but mobile
    advertising will likely be challenging this year
    6. Amazonís low pricing strategy should continue to bring value seeking
    customers
    7. Possible bankruptcies in brick-and-mortar retail should create opportunities
    for eCommerce companies

8. CPMs should remain under pressure
    9. Consolidation activities could potentially resume during 2Hí09
    10. Promotional activity in the OTA space should increase
    Imran Khan get it!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Excellent.

Incredible analysis. I'll have to read this report more closely.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Outsourced Program Manager Sarah Bundy's Avatar
    Thanks for posting the report. Lasse and I will have a solid read through. Looks like we'll have something to say about this on our blog.

Thanks again!

Very good information. Thanks for posting.

OMG! 340 Pages! Aiya....(asian for "Sigh" lol)

Definitely some great info here. Haven't read it through entirely (and perhaps never will :P), but seriously anyone interested in the future of affiliate marketing, and online e-commerce should look through this ASAP!

Thanks for the post!

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Seems logical. Comment on #5 though. While I'm sure the new mobile ad craze will gain momentum, I suspect advertisers will not find it as ROI efficient as desktop / laptop eyes and if so, I suspect if that is true, advertisers looking for sales at the time the ad is displayed will not include mobile ad displays.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    I disagree Alan. I buy from my iphone all the time. In the store, checking against an amazon price. Click... amazon wins. Phones are more than just phones.

Agree with number 4 - OMG you have to be in video... which would go into my prediction he should add... this is the year people wake up and wonder what the hell they are doing wasting so much time in things like second life, video, twitter and blogs. Too much vanity, not enough results.

Second time around now people are going to remember eyeballs are not money, they are just an expense unless you monetize them.

Second time around now people are going to remember eyeballs are not money, they are just an expense unless you monetize them.
    Excellent.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Chet is right AGAIN ... Amazon is what's happening now ... My Amazon product sales are 20 times greater any other merchant so far this year except EBAY.

Videos just waste time, however, when I was surfing thru Traffic Swarm to check out the competition, I came a across a killer 15 second video, that did exactly what it was designed to do, trigger a click on the product link listed under the video window. I didn't buy the thing, because I didn't need it, but it was a most effective ad set up.

AM and such has always been about monetizing eyeball. Easier said than done though.

Obama-mama just posted a get ready for Armageddon warning concerning the economy. Time to trot out strategies used in the last Apocalypse that made money.

As Mark Twain pointed out: "History does not repeat itself but it rhymes."

Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    I disagree Alan. I buy from my iphone all the time. In the store, checking against an amazon price. Click... amazon wins. Phones are more than just phones.
    The iPhone is the first phone that really opens this up to the masses. I've done price comparison (and review checking) on my iPhone as well. Still, I suspect that many iPhone owners may price shop on their iPhone but wait to buy until they get home.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    The iPhone is the first phone that really opens this up to the masses. I've done price comparison (and review checking) on my iPhone as well. Still, I suspect that many iPhone owners may price shop on their iPhone but wait to buy until they get home.
    You guys probably caught this (and maybe the same info is also in the JP Morgan report -- I haven't had a chance to read it in depth yet) but there was a Dec 5 article in the WSJ about the use of cellphones for internet access in emerging markets.

According to the article, the number of cell phone "high-performance browsers" is trending to reach 700 million by 2013 vs. 76 million now.

It says that according to AdMob (pushes five billion ads to Internet-enabled mobile handsets each month) Asia has overtaken North America as its largest regional market, as of last fall. Indonesia accounts for 1/4 of its total global ad traffic, making it the second-biggest market after the U.S.

it states that search advertising is where the money is going be at, while display advertising is going to struggle. in the affiliate game, alot of it is indeed display advertising (ie - coupon codes, banners, text links, etc), so should some of us be worried????

at any rate, great read and very good insight into the online realm for 2009.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread