I got this letter from Lisa at Sportsbasement today!

Hi there,
    wanted to let you know i dropped EBATES today. I was unaware at how brutal they are. We have new ads, banners, and product links uploaded for holiday.
    Let me know if you need other stuff. Holiday coupon code is active until Dec. 15

Happy Thanksgiving!

Connie Berg

ABW Ambassador
    Sounds like it's time to put up more Sports Basement links!

can someone explain me what's EBATES and how is it connected to merchants?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    St Clair Shores MI.
    eBates is an "incentive" affiliate posing at BeFree as a merchant. They have pilfered commissions for over a year from all affiliate sites with the Moe Money TopMoxie browser plug-in. It also adds tehir affiliate tracking tag to all merchants e-mail -SE and bookmark links so they appear to sell more than they do. They leverage their total sales volume to stupid or lazy affiliate managers to get double the commission rate of most affiliates. They then share a small percentage when their shoppers buy something.

Notice their site has absolutely not pre-sell text or product links to any of the 500 merchants and is only used to set their return day cookie on 25 million systems. ZERO value to a merchant and actually is the most expensive affiliate they can have in their stable. All eBates merchants make less money on eBate's consumer sales than any other customers...but ignorance is bliss.

WebMaster Mike

Great! I will work them in some way, too.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread