Careersand Education and SurfAccuracy
    Hi,

While testing out an affiliate link for CareersandEducation I discovered that by submitting my data on the C&E site, I triggered an install of SurfAccuracy (ad/malware program). I can duplicate this at will. I contacted the vendor and they claimed no knowledge of SurfAccuracy.

I've tried this same scenario on a different computer and don't see the SurfAccuracy install attempt.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? As I can only duplicate this on one of my computers, I'm hesitant to blame it on the C&E site, but then again, it only happens when I fill out their form and click on their Submit button.

I'd like to use this vendor, but not if they're going to trigger malware installs.

Can anyone offer a suggestion on how I can determine if this is the vendor's site, or just a problem with my computer?

Thanks,
    Tom

ABW Ambassador
    have you run software on that computer to determine if you have any issues with that computer?
    You need to do replicate this on a different computer. If you can't, then you have a problem with your computer

Yes. This computer is clean according to 2 separate full system virus/malware/adware scans.

I'm not saying that it's not something about this computer that is causing it (obviously since it doesn't happen on my other computer ) I'm just looking for insight on what to check for.

I tried just to give you some verification of the attack, and my system says:
    A computer with the IP address 66.152.93.130 sent information that is characteristic of the HTTP SurfAccuracy Config Request Attack...... so it is not just you.

Edit: General Information for Ip Address 66.152.93.130
    Hostname: url deleted its surfaccuracy
    ISP: Gamma Networking
    Organization: Surfaccuracy
    Proxy: None detected
    Type: Unknown
    Geo-Location Information
    State/Region: QC
    City: Montreal
    Latitude: 45.5
    Longitude: -73.5833
    Area Code:

So what i think is since gamma networking is also a webhost, that is probably the culprit. careersandeducation must have their hosting done thru gamma and they put this nasty bit to peoples computers after 1 minute on the website. One minute is how long it took them to attack my computer 2x's typing at different speeds. I correct myself I hit submit 2/.
    Last edited by jodyq; January 8th, 2009 at 06:21 PM.
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread