Affiliate Manager
    SaS for B2B merchants
    Hello,

We are a technology company that sells to B2B. We are looking at joining the SaS program to recruit affiliates. I have seen all the great references that SaS has gotten.

Has anyone that sells to B2B had any great success recruiting active affiliates using SaS?

B2B is tough no matter where you land.

Generally, long sales cycles, a dirth of affiliates that really GET b2b, and some other issues tend to crop up.

I managed a few b2b programs in the past few years, and finding the right affiliates is a tough road to hoe.

Having said that, the cost of entry at SAS is affordable, and if you work hard, you can get some placements. Interestingly, B2B might be a spot where some of the recent parasitic crap that's happening in the B2C world is much less frequent, assuming the buyers are shopping from work. Far less likely to have toolbars installed on office PCs.

Some affiliates might be wise to consider getting their head around B2B affiliate marketing. It's non-traditional, but worth a look.

Back on topic: You'll get sign ups immediately, but they won't be your best affiliates. Lot's of trademark campers join B2B programs early, and SAS is not an exception to that rule. Check them all as they join.

But most good affiliates have an account there, so you might find some gold if you dig hard enough.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Affiliate Manager
    Kevin,

Thank you for your thoughtful response!!!! We are very new to affiliate marketing and are trying to wrap our arms around it. Our entry product is fairly low cost so that lowers the time of the sales cycle. Any business that values their e-commerce would find our product's value will far exceed the cost. A partnership with an affiliate with relationships to web hosting, domains, e-commerce would yield a pretty penny. We are willing to do the work to find the top affiliates. In your thread you mentioned trademark campers. What are they?

Thanks again for your help! It is greatly appreciated.

$,

Your really making your life difficult, yes it's b2b but it's a product that all use, like hosting so it doesn't matter what flavor aff u get as long as they have the right reasons to promote you (terms and %). Build a good program, make it known(advertise) and they will come. Tracking wise yes, SAS works. Talk to an opm to design the program as I said.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks Haiko! I did reach out to a couple of OPMs earlier today after receiving your advice and am waiting on a response. I have spent part of the day doing research on having a better affiliate program and I am chomping at the bit to get started.

Hello,
    We are a B2B company dealing in wholesale media producta like DVDs, HD and Video Games.
    We launched our SaS program in Aug 2008 and have seen a steady increase in affiliate transactions.
    Its tough to reach out to compatible affiliates, but once you do, it is a successful venture.
    This has been my experience so far.
    We just posted our company in the new program section today in abestweb, not sure if it will spark interest, but we shall see.

Good Luck.
    Tiffany
    Mountain View Movies

Affiliate Manager
    Hi Tiffany,

Thanks for your feedback on SAS. We officially started today as an SAS merchant and will be posting in the new program section today as well.

You have a nice site by the way. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by mountainviewmovies.com
    Hello,
    We are a B2B company dealing in wholesale media producta like DVDs, HD and Video Games.
    We launched our SaS program in Aug 2008 and have seen a steady increase in affiliate transactions.
    Its tough to reach out to compatible affiliates, but once you do, it is a successful venture.
    This has been my experience so far.
    We just posted our company in the new program section today in abestweb, not sure if it will spark interest, but we shall see.

Good Luck.
    Tiffany
    Mountain View Movies

thank you for the compliment

i would be interested in hearing how your program does.

keep in touch.

tiffany

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread