Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi All

I am confused, I always viewed the vast majority of ABW members as being anti parasite, and generally going out of their way to avoid parasitic merchants, systems and networks.... so I have to wonder why so many people would vote for CJ as the best network, when of all the networks they are the most "parasite friendly" of all.

What other criteria makes CJ better for an affiliate Partner ?

I would imagine top of the list is

Combined Checks...

What else?

Cheers

Chris

<font size="1"> Web Studio-1 Solutions.
    http://www.webstudio-1.com

Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free
    Mondera.com - Netmagazines.com - KegWorks.com - Left On Main - Pierced Body
    DriveWerks.com - DeluxeGrills.com - Irish Photo Shop - Vegas Experts

<FONT COLOR=red size="1"> A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again. Alexander Pope </font></font>

Cosolidated Payments
    Free Datafeeds
    Easy Linking
    Decent Stats that are real(?) time.
    Good Selection of merchants.

But I vote for anywhere Mondera is .... (shameless plug looking for a diamond commission)

Education is Key
    Parasiteware.com

Game on!!!! - The DawgFather

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I think...I have....yes a $10k rock just waiting to be assigned

Thanks for the added info PopDawg

Cheers

chris

<font size="1"> Web Studio-1 Solutions.
    http://www.webstudio-1.com

Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free
    Mondera.com - Netmagazines.com - KegWorks.com - Left On Main - Pierced Body
    DriveWerks.com - DeluxeGrills.com - Irish Photo Shop - Vegas Experts

<FONT COLOR=red size="1"> A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again. Alexander Pope </font></font>

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    As I did last year my vote goes to a program that gets no attention here.
    Not going to nominate or say who though, except it isn't CJ

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

ABW Ambassador
    Well that will help it get attention...

CJ's stats are nice. But stop the popups on everything. I pick my merchants on cj carefully as they seem to promote scum to merchants.

Linkshare is demonstrating just how awful their stats can be, but they seem the most serious about ridding themselves of scum. And the non-commisionable sales stat is both the most depressing and wonderful.

befree... befree stats never make sense to me. I know, numerous people have explained it to me, but right now all befree merchants just get that - ooohhh look a check stat by me unless I go into each program individually.

Don't use sas yet because i am waiting for 6 months straight of no downtime first.

Kowabunga is my least favorite, i figure any sales from a mechant using them as an accident. This we aren't a network, but we are a network crap has to go. Have some balls stand behind your product, or fix it.

One day when I have time I will actually use my performics account. One day. And they would be my guess to who you are talking about walleye.

Chet

What I like best about CJ is that they offer payment by direct deposit, even for many non-US affiliates.

Riatsala

CJ could easily be the top network, with the most affiliates, merchants, and revenue. But they need to address a few serious flaws first.

They must get rid of the publishers who overwrite other publishers cookies. Legal or not, it's not an acceptible or ethical business practice, and it should be stopped.

CJ needs to restore individual product statistics, i.e., specifically what is being clicked on, what is selling, and more importantly, what is NOT selling. CJ did provide this before one of their "updates" last year, but took it away.

In my opinion, the statistics on individual products are the single most effective tool an advertiser and a merchant can have to see exactly what is producing income for them.

"Product Catalog 1" tells me nothing. They can name it whatever they want to, it is a worthless statistic. It just shows that some of their products are selling, but a publisher hasn't got a clue as to which ones are selling, unless the advertiser lets them know. With thousands of products available, it's a blind guess which ones to promote. Hit or miss, at best. An invitation to abuse by unscrupulous advertisers, and a waste of everyone's time and traffic.

Andy

[This message was edited by Andy on December 10, 2003 at 09:37 AM.]

Chet,

If there's ever anything I can help with or explain, here's an open invitation to contact me (in case that wasn't already apparent).

I'm happy to get on the phone with you or anybody.

--scott

--
    scott@befree.com
    AOL/Yahoo: sjangro

ABW Ambassador
    I voted CJ because of their support & consolidated direct deposite. It is rare to get any reply from Befree (except from Scott) and Linkshare (except from Sarah). CJ AAQ responded to most my questions very quickly.

My second choice is Befree. Befree has gone through a lot of chages in the past several months. A lots of imporvements in reporting, finding new offers etc. Among the new feature I like the reporting of products sold. This is still lacking in CJ. Wish all Befree merchants are 1-check.

Linkshare messed big time starting ThanksGiving day. Still there are sales missing for a lot of merchants. They claim everything is fixed now. Everytime there is a problem, LS says no problem, everything is okay. Next day comes back with a different message. I have not see ANY SINGLE improvement in LS in the past 12 months. In a 2-years old posting, Steve Messer wrote that consolidated payment is their priority one. 2-year passed, where is the consolidated payment? Why will I vote them. I'd rather vote Performics as my next choice.

Addiction. Pure and simple.

The consolidated direct deposit check.

At LS, try to find a product. At BF, if the merchant rejects you, try to reapply.

Even with the downgrade in the interface, it beats the others. BF has definitely improved, and would catch my eye more.... but.... the .... checks.... I am not a patient person by nature.

Cj's datafeed doesn't have spaces in the field names (*cough*), is available with a variety of settings, one downloadable file. Ever dealt with a feed at SAS with over 300 items?

Yeah, I know heroin is bad, but cj is worse. I never did heroin, ever. CJ rots your morals out as you watch the real time stats ping away and the parasites silently nibble away at your cookies. It's a good question, Chris, but the world is complex. Addiction is never simply a chemical dependance. It's a lifestyle.

Hi, my nick is webmistress and I'm a cj addict.

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Chris:

FWIW, I think CJ has a lot of upside - consolidated payment, easy to get links, but I wouldn't rate it as my favorite necessarily.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

My vote also goes to CJ because of the user interface and search function. Least favorite is Perfomics. It seems like nobody is home there. Communication sucks. Multiple merchants pulled their programs, left their links working and gave no notice to affiliates. The support of parasites at CJ sucks but you can always just say "no".

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, CJ. Consolidated payments, easy to get links, find products, real time reporting (well, at least it keeps logging in to my account - lol). They were the first to do away with exclusivity when it came to publishers promoting multiple merchants; combine this with consolidated payments and you have my vote. The account manager, imo, is the most affiliate friendly. they were also first to provide a metric (epc) for affiliates, and merchants to gauge performance/effectiveness.

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck

Chris, one of the prime reasons I use CJ is ease of adding new merchants, no waiting for approval. You can get pages/sites up, running and indexed without the drawn-out approval time at other networks.
    Flexability in product linking is great, a little time-consuming compared to LS.

A consolidated check is great but Performics do it twice a month.

CJ blew it when they pulled the product stats, it's like working in the dark...and SID's is a poor substitute.
    Tracking really appears to run hot and cold!
    The giant octopus or 'someone sitting on the tracking cord' theory may have some merit..or perhaps there is a more sinister force at work.

IMHO Performics offer the best stats, I know what's selling, I know what they're interested in, I can cross reference and adjust accordingly.

BeFree, my experience is limited as I only use a couple of merchants. The only problem I have with BF is like Chet, I find their stats confusing, I even find payments confusing!

The other thing I miss at BF is we don't have the freedom of linking we do at CJ, Performics and LS.
    Merchants are pretty good at supplying extra links but affiliates are very much 'I want it now' people.
    Product links are often outdated you need to cross-check each one against the merchant's site to see if it's current.
    It's so much easier when you can just grab what you need and get to work...but tracking appears to work very well and checks arrive.

LS, linking when enabled is great, the best IMO and a breeze to use, but checks are slow, approval can be tedious, tracking and stats...well, I'm lacking confidence there except for a couple of merchants.

Kowabunga, barebones tracking but I do very well with a number of merchants there.

I also think one of the reasons we continue to use CJ, even with all our gripes, is many of us cut our affiliate teeth on them and like LS there are some merchants that do perform regardless.

I'm looking at this as an international affiliate,

1, Consolidated monthly payments.
    2, Simple interface navigation.
    3, Easily accessible datafeeds.
    4, Wire transfers.

What did the product level stats on CJ used to look like? I joined back in September so probably missed it.

I noticed a few merchants with product links that show EPC and stuff when you go to product description.. but I guess it would take awhile to sift through the 1000 or so product links at many merchants to pick out the best ones(since it only shows on the description page).

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Reason Number One is simple. No matter what anyone may say against CJ and in favor of the other places, compared to CJ every other network's performance is a pathetic joke for me, financially speaking. This is business, I'm in business to make money, CJ sends the biggest deposit with the least hash so they're King.

Other reasons to choose CJ include: Consolidated payments for ALL merchants (not just ones in the "1 Check" program), timely payments, free datafeed (or at reasonable cost if you're under the threshhold), better interface than elsewhere, greatly improved AAQ/helpdesk (over say, 2 years ago), and direct deposit. Adding new merchants is a breeze and once you're in, YOU'RE IN, no needing to submit every site to every merchant for individual approval like at BeFree.

Also there is a wide variety of business models among merchants--they're as diverse as we are--so no matter what your opinion on various issues is, you're sure to be able to find a merchant to match. There's plenty of merchants there who've added a "no-parasite" clause to their Terms, among other things.

I'm always hoping you'll bring your programs over to THE real network, Chris!

It's the most wonderful time of the year!~Old Christmas Song

For me, the sales I'm generating are negligible.

They're not bad, as a percentage of click-throughs, but my sites just aren't getting any traffic.

(I'm working on it.)

So - I have the luxury of saying:

I don't like any of the networks.

At least, none of the big ones that I've had experience with.

I don't like their arrogance, I don't like the lack of communication, I don't the condescension.

I definitely don't like the promotion of parasites.

If they say anything (unlike LS recently, who failed totally to report anything for days on end and didn't offer a single frigging word of explanation), it's usually along the lines: "this is what we're doing...like it or leave."

I would rather work with good indies.

Chris, I was also wondering the same thing as you are

1) My vote went to Shareasale for the reasons being;

2) Consolidated Payments

3) Payments made Timely month after month

4) Brian, the owner of the company is hands on when it comes to support and how many of the other owners are actively involved here at ABW??

5) When suggestions are made to SAS about stats or anything else, the owner listens and makes the changes.

6) the quality of merchants IMO has been increasing throughout the year.

7) SAS makes every effort to stay Parasite free!

I'm sure I could think of more reasons why I voted for SAS but above is just a few examples and of course, JMO

Leader,
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Reason Number One is simple. No matter what anyone may say against CJ and in favor of the other places, compared to CJ every other network's performance is a pathetic joke for me, financially speaking. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Although I do ok with CJ, when I break it down to the many merchants that I use at CJ, overall not a whole lot of them convert. Just a handful. The same as the other networks. The other reason for voting for SAS is income wise, they blew away most of the other competition including CJ and so far I have yet to see where my SAS links are being blocked unlike some of the other networks. JMO of course

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> am confused, I always viewed the vast majority of ABW members as being anti parasite, and generally going out of their way to avoid parasitic merchants, systems and networks.... so I have to wonder why so many people would vote for CJ as the best network,<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did not know any of the networks were anti-parasiteware. Which one are you talking about?

Linkshare? You seem to have inside info, but everything I hear is secondhand from them.

The only direct info I received was when Mr Messer scolded us for not embracing eBates.

LS says they cannot replicate the ebates overwriting. I say phooey.

Jimbo:

SaS & AF have made public stands against parasiteware.

I agree that the LS line is hard to swallow.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

Chris,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I am confused, I always viewed the vast majority of ABW members as being anti parasite, and generally going out of their way to avoid parasitic merchants, systems and networks.... so I have to wonder why so many people would vote for CJ as the best network, when of all the networks they are the most "parasite friendly" of all.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am bothered that you would make this statement when you have no experience working with CJ. Furthermore, I do not see any network as more or less "parasite friendly" than CJ.

I will concede that some networks want everyone to believe that they are doing more but I know this is not the case.

Lastly, regardless of what the networks are doing (or not doing), merchants have the final and absolute say over who may join or remain in their programs.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I am bothered that you would make this statement when you have no experience working with CJ. Furthermore, I do not see any network as more or less "parasite friendly" than CJ. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have heard that the parasites being booted out of LinkShare are signing up with CJ.

I don't have any verification, but maybe Todd can comment and clear this up.

If it is true, then I would conclude that CJ is more parasite friendly.

Well, I heard that the affiliates that LS kicked out refused to sign the LS addendum even though they were and are in compliance with both it and the CoC. This is another sacrificial lamb on their part to make everyone believe that they are taking a stronger stance on certain affiliates than the other networks.

These affiliates have been members of all the networks for quite a while. They have been very responsive to making changes and staying in compliance with the CoC. We are monitoring them to ensure continued compliance.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

However this reflects on myself, good, bad, or indifferent, I have been honest in saying repeatedly, that I advocate for my own best interests, and therefore look for, and rate merchants and/or networks, based on who converts, first and foremost.

Having said that, CJ (golf and related) merchants convert the best, and they consolidate payments on top of it. - Slam Dunk.

LS (golf and related) merchants, barely convert.

Befree (golf and related) merchants don't convert at all.

Performics has one golf merchant that does (convert)...

If I could've voted for Indy's, than each one of 3 individual golf merchants could hold the top 3 spots for me vote wise, with CJ being fourth. (all merchants combined don't yield as much revenue as either of the first 2 indys individually).

This either tells me that parasites are a factor, lack of saturation for the indy's is a factor, hard to find items are a factor, or a combination of the 3.

But I think it does say something about the infestation of parasites with the larg(er) golf merchants.

CJ - Top network for now.

Jonathon Palbicke
    Webmaster
    www.krookedstix.com
    Webmaster@krookedstix.com
    Krooked Stix, Inc.
    It's all golf baby!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast