SAS Merchants also on CJ & LS
    After all this time and pouring through the OneCause thread (http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=112872), I realize I need some basic clarification.
    • If an SAS merchant is also on CJ or LS, does that mean they could have parasite affiliates there?
    • SAS only guarantees that SAS affiliates aren't parasites?
    • BHOs can hijack your SAS links if there are parasite affs from a merchant's CJ, LS or other network program?
    • Is the only solution SAS exclusive merchants?
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

15 years and counting
    If an SAS merchant is also on CJ or LS, does that mean they could have parasite affiliates there?
    Let's take the example of BonsaiBoy, a network hopper. They are on Shareasale, but they just joined LinkShare after being also with CJ. They are affiliated with OneCause and other parasites.
    In one word, OneCause or other parasites can hijack your sale on Shareasale. Last cookie win and a parasite cookie is always last.
    SAS don't accept downloads or reminders, so no parasites there.
    SAS only guarantees that SAS affiliates aren't parasites?
    Yes, it doesn't prevent the merchant to be affiliated with parasites out of SAS
    BHOs can hijack your SAS links if there are parasite affs from a merchant's CJ, LS or other network program?
    They don't hijack your link, they just set a winning cookie for an other network. Remember, last cookie win. You lose the sale and SAS, too.
    Is the only solution SAS exclusive merchants?
    It's one solution

I may be pointing out the obvious, but if a merchant is affiliated with any parasite, regardless of the network, then maybe another solution would be to stop working with the merchant altogether...unless you believe this merchant has tons of potential to drive commissions to you, then it's up in the air and in the end, you decide what you have to do to ensure your program is as successful as possible.

zeus is right, your SAS links can end up getting commissions for OneCause on another network. That is what makes the SAS Exclusive label so valuable.

Thanks Zeus, Cymax and 2busy for your insights and advice. It's more complicated than ever to be an affiliate. Ignorance nor truth is bliss, but I'd rather deal with the truth. There are leaky merchants on SAS, but you can't fault SAS, you just have to constantly check up on your mechants that they don't lard their site with Adsense, their own aff links or links out to other sites they own.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Let's take the example of BonsaiBoy, a network hopper. They are on Shareasale, but they just joined LinkShare after being also with CJ. They are affiliated with OneCause and other parasites.
    I didn't realize that. I just had another thread going about not being able to get ftp access with this merchant, now I'm glad I didn't.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread