Do Not Buy from TVDVDMania.com !!!
    TVDVDMania.com - FRAUD ALERT!!!!! - TVDVDMania.com - FRAUD ALERT !!!!!!

OK, so as an internet professional, I should have known better but here's my story.

My mom and I decided to get my dad a set of DVD's of the old Smother's Brothers show for Christmas. He loves the show and we thought that it would be something fun that we could all watch together. Maybe I'm an idiot or maybe I have just gotten so used to ordering things online that I let my guard down, but I made a mistake.

The only place where I could find all 3 seasons of the show was a site called TVDVDMania.com. That right...for SEO purposes in hopes that this thread will get picked up by a search engine... TVDVDMania.com - TVDVDMania.com - TVDVDMania.com. You get the idea. Ha!

I ordered the DVDs in, what I thought was enough time for Christmas, (Dec. 10) but my dad got his Christmas present....YESTERDAY! Well, come to find out, the reason it took so long is that it came all the way from China. Of course the site doesn't mention that part.

Besides it just sort of being a downer that my dad's big gift didn't come on time, here's why I am upset. The DVD's are garbage. Pirated Garbage!

TVDVDMania.com sold me pirated copies of these shows. Basically someone videotaped a series on the E! Network where they were replaying The Smothers Brothers Hour as a special, and now they are making copies of it and selling it. Not cheaply either. I won't even tell you what I paid, because frankly I'm embarrassed. The breaks to commercials aren't even done cleanly. You see a little snippet of a commercial or promo before it cuts to the next segment. One of them I saw a clip of a promo for "Talk Soup" with Greg Kinnear on it. GREG KINNEAR LEFT THAT SHOW IN 1995! So that's how long ago these stinkin' things were taped.

The picture is fuzzy, but watchable but the sound is not good. The labels for the boxes and the DVDs are fuzzy and horrible looking. There are no box jackets that tell you which DVDs have which shows on them or who is featured on each show, and the DVDs came in the little plastic sleeves like you can buy for your own home CDs. It is just the cheapest, most horrible thing I have ever seen. I feel SOOOOO bad for dragging my mom into this and just embarrassed that I wasn't smart enough to see this for what it was when I ordered it.

I sent TVDVDMania.com a threatening note on their site....of course the only way to contact them as no contact information is available. I told TVDVDMania.com to refund the money or I would report their activities and pursue legal action. Of course I don't really expect them to respond and I can't really afford to do that, but I thought it was worth a shot.

Anyway....sorry for the long rant. I just thought I would share with you here, in case you are ever looking around for DVDs of TV shows and movies, that you should not EVER buy from TVDVDMania.com....that's right, my SEO knowledgeable friends.... TVDVDMania.com sucks...TVDVDMania.com pirates video and tv shows....TVDVDMania.com is a scam that you should not do business with.

Are we clear? :P

Thanks for letting me rant.

Sheri

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Thanks for the heads up.

I see a few posts about them on RipOffReport.com

15 years and counting
    Sorry about your bad experience.
    Before buying something from an unknown merchant just seach in Google for merchant name scam. It can give you some information.
    If you try it with "TVDVDMania.com scams" you'll see you're not the only one.

Uhhhgg!!!

Seeing all of that information that was right there at my fingertips just makes me feel even dumber for ordering from them.

At least I got my cheap, crappy, pirated copies. Many people are saying that they got charged but never received anything.

Lesson learned.

Sheri

Yeah, just searching for their name shows tons of bad reviews on that site.

But thanks for the heads-up, I'm glad I didnt sign up to promote them as an affiliate either.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, that site doesn't look too good. I've only had one of those type of experiences and that was with a DVD I bought from an ebay seller. At the time I didn't know the seller was located in China and it was Conan The Barbarian, the greatest movie of all time. Now that movie is available from legit sellers but at the time it wasn't and I really wanted it. When I didn't get it after a month, I emailed them back and finally got it. Movie is good, none of the extras work tho But it was only $10, so not a biggie. So make sure the movies don't come from China.

ABW Ambassador
    I was checking and it seems season 3 is available everywhere but I can't even find a mention, picture anything of season 1 or 2. Wonder if there were reverse releasing them or something. I think tvshowmonster.com are the same people, both domains by proxy thru godaddy using the same language in the FAQ's etc.

Ah, they are reverse releasing them, found this on DVD Talk:

"Even though this set highlights the best episodes of season 3 (1968-69), it is the first set of Smothers Brothers shows to be released. Although it's a little confusing and will have people frantically searching for seasons one and two (which are to be released later,) this was presumably done since the third season was the most controversial and was of the most interest to modern viewers."

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/34677...-season-3-the/

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread