Help me Help You! New Merchant Needs to Know What You Need!
    Hello - I'm a merchant and am BRAND-SPANKIN new to Affiliate Marketing (been a member at SAS for about a week). Oh my gosh - Is there a bunch of stuff I need to learn or what?

I feel as many new merchants feel (I'm guessing), hopelessly buried and don't know how to start attracting strong affiliates.

Is there a resource (article / tutorial) that will give me a rundown of what the affliates actually do (PPC, coupons, e-storefronts, etc), and what information they need from us to be sucessful?

Certianly there's more I can do than give you a banner. You'd probablty like a data feed file and I'd be happy to give you one if I knew how (FYI, I have 3 products).

I'm overwhelmed and lost.

Sorry for being an idoit. Probably should have researched this for months before jumping in. But now that I'm here, maybe someone could hold my hand...

Thanks,

Eric

Outsourced Program Manager Sarah Bundy's Avatar
    Hi Eric,

You will have to become a sponge and read as many posts on this forum as you possibly can. There's a lot to learn and far more to affiliate management than just posting a couple of banners and making a datafeed. If you want to give me a call I can help you out with some tips and direction (my number is listed below). Otherwise, you will just have to read everything you can from this forums and various other blogs/sites.

Shawn Collins wrote a book called Successful Affliate Marketing for Merchants. You can easily find it online. I read it when I first started too. It will give you some good advice on where to start. Otherwise, feel free to give me a call.

Quote Originally Posted by YPB
    Hello - I'm a merchant and am BRAND-SPANKIN new to Affiliate Marketing (been a member at SAS for about a week). Oh my gosh - Is there a bunch of stuff I need to learn or what?

I feel as many new merchants feel (I'm guessing), hopelessly buried and don't know how to start attracting strong affiliates.

Is there a resource (article / tutorial) that will give me a rundown of what the affliates actually do (PPC, coupons, e-storefronts, etc), and what information they need from us to be sucessful?

Certianly there's more I can do than give you a banner. You'd probablty like a data feed file and I'd be happy to give you one if I knew how (FYI, I have 3 products).

I'm overwhelmed and lost.

Sorry for being an idoit. Probably should have researched this for months before jumping in. But now that I'm here, maybe someone could hold my hand...

Thanks,

Eric
    Nope, nope, nope -- you needn't apologize and you certainly don't need to think of yourself as "an idiot" just for not understanding all you need to be doing.

Heck, the fact that you'd come here and post as you have, asking for information and help -- AND SAYING YOU WISH TO GIVE US AFFILIATES WHAT WE NEED, well, that's a major PLUS as far as I'm concerned. (You'd be amazed at the "clueless" merchants who don't know they're clueless, don't care that they're clueless, or simply don't care at all about their affiliates. )

FYI -- You probably won't need a datafeed for only two or three products.

Also, if you were to give the URL to your program as your home page in your ABW user profile, we could all have a look. (Although you can't do free advertising on ABW, I'm betting that simply giving the name of your program in a post, with no links or anything, would be acceptable. BUT -- I'm not one of the moderators here, so I don't want to suggest you do something you're not sure about regarding TOS here. RELATED QUESTION -- Does your ABW username, YPB, have anything to do with your program at SAS? And would that, perhaps be an abbreviation for "Your Picture Book"? LOL!)
    Generate more fake news.

You guys are very kind - Thank you for the advice!

Sarah - I'm definitely going to check out the book you mentioned and delve into the forum posts. Research, research, research,...sigh...seems like that's all I ever do anymore. But that's what makes it fun right?

Writerguy - I think you should hang up your affiliate hat and be a private investigator. I'm trying to be a good boy and not break the rules, then you come along and crack the code.

By the way, if I get in trouble it's your fault...

So now you know. If any of you would be so kind as to let me know what you think I should do, I'll buy you a beer (5 beer limit).

I'm a sponge and motivated to do anything that can to create a successful partnership.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread