Lightbulb Advice on a Niche
    Im new to the affiliate market but i dont know where to start..I want to succeed so where should I start.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    If your currently losing your butt... (like many) I'd suggest suspenders.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Make a list of what you are interested in and would be willing to spend lots of time on.

Think about which of your interests could involve products or services you could sell.

Do some keyword research related to your interests to see how many people search for the words in your topic.

Find a good domain name and register it.

Build a site with lots of good content.

Promote the site.

Use statistics software to figure out what your visitors are doing.

Test ways to monetize your traffic with ads or affiliate links.

Keep promoting, testing, and tweaking.

Good luck!

CPA Network Rep
    A lot of individuals wanting to start an online business tend to have trouble out the door with picking a niche that will be profitable.

My suggestion to all my affiliates is to take two hours out of your day and walk down the most industrial part of your city. Take note of everything that is being sold. Then walk through your house and write down everything that you have purchased in the last year. Then you should go through your list and eliminate things that don't interest you. After that, you should open up the Google Keyword Tool and run some volume searches on particular keywords. From that, you should have a pretty good idea if the niche is over saturated, or if it is searched for just enough for you to dominate and own the search engine rankings.

Start where your heart is!

G.

And once you decide on a niche, you might even want to consider taking it down another level -- to the microniche, if that's a word?

Some folks I met at the Summit last week explained it this way. There's a million pet sites out there but maybe not too many about training German Shepherd puppies not to bark. There's a million travel sites but maybe not too many focusing on luxury resort spas near Portland.

Also, once you learn how to make a site for a specific microniche, it will be easier to make two other sites about two other potential microniches. I like to try a few areas to see what works since I am going through the learning curve anyway. This means I will know if I am failing or succeeding based on something I am doing or based on the niche I selected.

Quote Originally Posted by the limit is past the sky
    Im new to the affiliate market but i dont know where to start..I want to succeed so where should I start.
    If you are getting started in affiliate marketing then you need to spend some time researching and learning things about AM. You can do this by visiting forums like AbestWeb , 5 star affiliate programs and Associateprograms. On these forums especially on 5 star affiliate programs and Associateprograms there is separate thread for newbies there you can post your questions and get them answered. You can find beginner, intermediate and advanced tutorial on affiliate marketing on Associateprograms forum. Learn and Try. Wish you all the best.

http and a telephoto
    You can start by reading the Magic Bullet Thread here:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=79507

And there is plenty to read at ABestWeb, plus you are in the Newbie FAQ section already where you can post questions. Not sure how affgem missed that.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

CPA Network Rep
    Welcome to the business! Your first step is to do as much research on the industry as possible. Once you’ve done that, check out all of the different types of offers that are out there and pick out some that you are passionate about and believe in. Once you feel you are ready to start testing offers out, join some of the top affiliate networks and test away! Good luck!

I'm in your same shoes...6months ago I was looking for a hot niche that works well.

You are in the right place to participate forums but that's not enough to get more knowledge in short time.

What I'd recommend here is to get a guru or an ebook that works well. For jump-starter in IM you have to alert about SCAM products and to reach atleast ROI. The most valuable thing is experience in this field...Beat the learning curve and you'll be ok. Finding a hot niche will be so easy when you have sufficient knowledge and experience.

P.S Just get away from saturated and tough niche market like money making and try to choose a light one.

Quote Originally Posted by mavericksaroza
    What I'd recommend here is to get a guru or an ebook that works well.
    The information from this forum is better than that you'd get from an ebook or guru.

Think of yourself building a site around a certain topic.
    That will be your niche, your focus -- or pick a coupld of related topics that would fit within your site.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Participating in Forums is not enough...you need combination of what I said above.
    Logically getting a guru is the best option because it is live learning and more effective than another method.

http and a telephoto
    Logically getting a "guru" involves finding one that isn't a *scam* themselves. Which is why you need forums to guide you.

If you are serious about building a business (for example a phyical pet supply store) do you go find ebooks about that business? Hire a guru that wrote a book about it? No, you do research in places where other pet store owners have talked about actually building their business, you read the trade magazines and look for suppliers that are reliable and have a good reputation. In other words, you look to a lot of sources, not buy an ebook from a guru and blindly follow their path.

ABestWeb is that resource for people starting an affiliate marketing business. We call out the scam gurus for what they are and try to assist people with building a business, not with blindly following one path that worked for one guy that he nows sells for thousands of dollars to people with stars in their eyes.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mavericksaroza
    Participating in Forums is not enough...you need combination of what I said above.
    Logically getting a guru is the best option because it is live learning and more effective than another method.
    E-books and self-proclaimed Gurus are normally a big waste of time and money.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread