Promoting Match.com via Linkshare
    Hello,

I am new here and trying to find other affiliates who promote Match.com through Linkshare.

I used to do phenomenally well with the Match.com aff program when they ran their own program, but since they have moved to Linkshare, it seems all I get are 'Orders' that for some reason do not pay anything.

I've gone from $1500-2000 per month to: $172, $141, $191 (my last 3 months commissions). I get like 100 'Orders' per month, but for some reason they only pay on 'Items' and how the heck can you tell how many visitors you send to Match now?

Their affiliate program used to be the best and now it seems like crap.

Can anyone else comment on this? I really would like to network with other Match.com affiliates, share ideas and see if we are all experiencing the same things. If it's me or my site-fine, but if it's Linkshare I want to stop sending my 3k+ visitors a month there.

Thanks!

ABW Ambassador
    I stopped promoting Match.com after I got only these $0 commission sales.

We had a similar experience. We decided to do a test transaction and never got any commission for it. When we tried to contact the AM about this, they just terminated our relationship and did not respond to our communication.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Hi All,

I appreciate the repsonses, but I was hoping that those of you who did have an experience promoting Match via Linkshare would elaborate a little more.

For example, La_Valette is it possible that when you did the test transaction you were already 'tagged' by another affiliate prior to this transaction, thus giving that affiliate the commission you thought you were entitled to?

And sam, is it possible that the people you sent to Match were there prior via another affiliate's link?

Look, I am not trying to defend Match/Linkshare, it's just that the Match.com program was so SO lucrative when Match ran it and now that its vis Linkshare it's not - so I am trying to fully understand WHY.

I believe one of the probelms promoting a program like Match is that so many people already know about Match.com via the mainstream media and so many of our 'prospects' that we send to Match via our affiliate links have already been there (to Match.com) previously thats its hard to introduce (no pun intended) a new prospect to Match.com for the first time via our aff links. Won't this affect our bottom line? I believe it will.

So I am hoping that we can expand this discussion to the possible reasons WHY Match is having this problem (and explanantions about why it may be so difficult to make money with this program now that it is at Linkshare) and what alternative measures you have taken and have they been successful?

I would especially like to know approximately how much traffic you sent to Match because we can then better asses the quality of their program via Linkshare.

I would also like to know what alternatives you have tried (after giving up on Match) and how successful they have been.

As for myself, I am still pushing Match.com hard. My site has a steady targeted 3k visitors per month and I would venture to guess I send 2-300 people to Match.com per month. In my OP I mentioned my commissions for the last 3 months.

I routinely get 50 Orders and maybe 3-5 Items per month. As far as I can tell 'Items' are what we get paid on and Orders are??????? who knows)

Please let's continue this discussion! Thank you.

Anybody else out there?????

Can somebody please tell me if I am asking this question in the wrong thread (I am new here).

Thank you.

Hi Voodoo.
    A lot of our forum members have been at Affiliate Summit.
    Give them the weekend to catch up. I am sure you will get some more responses.
    Dyan
    Dyan Carlson
    ["My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."- The Dalai Lama

Thanks for the reply - hopefully someone else can shed som insight after the Affiliate Summit

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread