'Best Job in the World'
    Wish I could get to the site.

An Olympic gold medallist from Switzerland and a sun-seeking teenager from England are among those vying for the "best job in the world" - caretaker of Hamilton Island.

Interest in the $150,000 [AUD] job has been so intense that the website advertising the position crashed several times this morning.

On Monday, Tourism Queensland advertised the position, which requires the successful applicant to explore the Great Barrier Reef, laze by the beach and make friends with locals.
    http://www.theage.com.au/travel/rush...0114-7gm9.html

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

If they don't throw in a case of Foster's per week, I will not apply ....

But, here is the REAL BEST JOB in the world. Way back in the stone age of before cable, on of the travel shows in L.A. did a feature on this guy from the Gold Coast Beach in Australia. He showed up for work about 10 AM, with his tools - a modified artist air brush set up that sprayed a fine mist. His product 'sun tan oil.' His service spraying top less women and anyone else with sun tan oil front and back for one Aussie Dollar.

He said he was making about $100 AUD a day on bad days ... but that really there were no bad days ...

Kind of reminded me of what Huxley said about Darwins Theory of Natural Selection:
    "How stupid of me, not to thought of that myself."

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Not a bad job...

Good viral marketing too

I found another website talking about the "application." Evidently you need to put together a 60 second video of you telling why you would be the best person for the job. They said they are looking for charisma, a sense of adventure, and the ability to sell the island well.

I found it a bit funny that they asked the ministry board that put it together "aren't you afraid of having basically a lay person be the spokesperson for your island?" And they said "Not really"... I mean this will probably get 100,000 applications, I doubt many other hiring processes would bring in the quality and quantity of applicants they will get this way.

But, here is the REAL BEST JOB in the world. Way back in the stone age of before cable, on of the travel shows in L.A. did a feature on this guy from the Gold Coast Beach in Australia. He showed up for work about 10 AM, with his tools - a modified artist air brush set up that sprayed a fine mist. His product 'sun tan oil.' His service spraying top less women and anyone else with sun tan oil front and back for one Aussie Dollar.
    The spraying of green color/dyes on lawns of foreclosed homes is getting popular too.
    All those yards with nobody to care for them, but they are going for the cover-up-aesthetics. The new reported on one man who was doing this before the meltdown and now his biz is booming.
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

The great winner is Queensland tourism. If the site has repeatedly crashed due to interest I can assure that means more people will be aware of everything they have to offer and they pick up enough bookings to make it all worthwhile.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

I used to work at my college rec center. I would sit at the front door studying while people swiped their student ID's through the scanner. Two times per day, I went upstairs to count how many college students attended the aerobics programs. A lot of people said I had the best job on campus and I guess that is why I spent a year trying to get it : )

Now, my wife (who I met at the rec center) often asks me how I could continue in such a crazy business (affiliate marketing). I always answer that it is because I love what I do. I really enjoy making sites about what I'm interested in while networking with other people who are interested in the same things.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread