ABW Ambassador
    Thumbs down So Many Outdated OrangeLinks
    Please make the lazy merchants to use an expiry date. I have been spending several hours going through and cleaning up their mess, I see old orange links dating back to 2007. Why are you not making them enter an expiry date, I thought this would be a basic requirement. Really something needs to be done about this because at the moment to be blunt it is a joke!
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I get a kick out of promotions that merchants send that include banners and links that say, "Limited Time Offer", but do not include an expiration date.

If it doesn't include an expiration date, I ignore it.
    There's good, fast and cheap. Pick any two.
    [url=http://www.topranksolutions.com]Phoenix SEO[/url] :: [url=http://www.tech-evangelist.com/category/affiliate-marketing/]Affiliate Marketing Tutorials[/url]

Why are you not making them enter an expiry date, I thought this would be a basic requirement
    Having them put expire 2014 like LinkShare is not the answer either.

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hello,

Many times promotions do not expire. How would you like to see ongoing promotions handled? Also, limited time offers can be ongoing until inventory runs out. Would you prefer a forced expiration date?

Thank you,

Jamie

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Google Affiliate Network Moderator
    Hello,

Many times promotions do not expire. How would you like to see ongoing promotions handled? Also, limited time offers can be ongoing until inventory runs out. Would you prefer a forced expiration date?

Thank you,

Jamie
    I think the best way is to send out the whole OrangeLink Database (for our joined merchants) so the feed is updated regulary by the merchants or the Network and any outdated links are taken out. This is better than leaving it up to us to guess when they are no longer active. Either that or forced expiration dates.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I have no problem with the current method since I copy and paste the links manually. But, to help others why don't you put in an option and let them choose a version.

Option 1: OrangeLinks just like it is now
    Option 2: OrangeLinks only with expire dates.

Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    I think the best way is to send out the whole OrangeLink Database (for our joined merchants) so the feed is updated regulary by the merchants or the Network and any outdated links are taken out.
    This to me is the best approach. If there is no expire date the merchant can just remove it from the database when they want to discontinue it. Shareasale has a set up exactly like this and it is my favorite coupon feed.

Another problem with the present setup is that when you sign up for a merchants program you miss out on all the OrangeLink deals that come before and have to hunt for them elsewhere.

I would hate getting emailed a file that large everyday

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by shimmy
    I would hate getting emailed a file that large everyday
    It's probably not as large as you think, maybe 2 - 3 megs but I would also prefer to be able to download it by FTP when I want (not forced FTP).

After thinking about it more I think a forced expiry date might be better as it might make it a bit sterile if we all have the same file, I dont make sales anymore like I used to through the SAS datafeed as thousands have the exact same file now and every man and his dog downloads it. I also helped give a lot of feedback for that in it's early days but it backfired on me really. Sometimes it better to have a few problems like this...

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread