I'm wanting to get a datafeed set up with CJ and I emailed someone about it probably 10 days ago and never got a response. I don't remember the address I mailed, but is there a specific person or department I should contact about this?

Does anyone have any contact info?

Thanks!

Maggie
    DealHunting.com
    maggie@dealhunting.com

Good luck with this one [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I emailed 2 different accounts and received 2 different answers. Both answers took 1-2 weeks to get back to me. One email said I was setup and even gave me a link to download the feed. Only problem is there is one text file in there that is always 0kb-empty. The other email I sent through the CJ site and they said CJ did NOT have the ability but maybe someday they would. What I asked was if CJ offered any type of datafeed and, if so, what merchants participated. Obviously, both emails were worthless to me. I'm not at home now so I don't have the email addresses handy but can let you know later, not that it will help any though.

You want to email prod@cj.com and request access to the product feeds for you merchant partners. Be sure to include your name and account id which is located near your CJ account balance.

I didn't have any problems with getting it set up. It usually takes a day or two for a response though, so don't get stressed.

Core

And NO, I don't work for COMMISSION JUNCTION!

Core, do you know if they have a list of available datafeeds?

I haven't seen one yet... Maybe Todd can answer this or someone can ask when they contact prod@cj.com.

Core

And NO, I don't work for COMMISSION JUNCTION!

It looks like all merchants who provide product links on CJ have a product feed available.
    If a merchant has 1 product link that's all you get in the feed. If they have 300000 and 290000 of them are outdated, out of stick etc, you get them all.
    The first time I emailed prod for my feed it took several days to get a reply.
    Now for updates a day or two.
    The feed is a zipped file with individual csv files for each merchant that you have been accepeted into their program and as mentioned above who offers individual products.
    You download all of your merchants, its up to you which ones you use.
    hope that helps.

Game on!!!!

That would be nice if all of their merchants offer the feeds but I'm affiliated with 6 merchants on CJ and the file they have up there is 0kb and is dated 11/12. Maybe Todd can offer some insight on this?

ABW Ambassador
    Could I request just a 1 or a list of merchants instead of all joined? I'm joined with lots, someones I have never used, but I do not want to start dropping...

Fer

Xandman:

I had the same problem when I requested my first datafeed from CJ. I found only a 0-length file at the URL they pointed me to.

I waited for a day and checked it frequently. No joy.

So I replied to their notification e-mail and flagged the problem, and they fixed it the next day. They sent an apology "for it being later than scheduled" or some such reason.

Whether it would have shown up in the next day or so if I hadn't complained, I don't know.

-- Mike

Thanks. I just found the email and replied back telling them the file is empty. Let's see if it works. Thanks again.

Wow! A quick reply!

"Perhaps, the system experienced a lag in feed generation over that past 2 weeks. Everything should be fine now. We will go ahead and re-schedule the feed for an update, it should be available by the close of business today. That's 5pm PST."

I'll check it again in a couple hours.

Do I have to know programming in order to use datafeeds, or is it all done through CJ's interface?

Nope it's not through CJ's interface.
    It's a zip file containing several text files (1 CSV file for each merchant listing products)
    Once you download it, you are on your own.
    you'll need some combination of either ASP, PHP, perl/cgi, mysql, sql server, access or even (I saw a post somewhere asking about this) Excel to really make use of it.
    I have been learning on MS Access with ASP being the language I started with.
    I enjoy ASP and find it relatively easy to use.
    However it really looks like a better way to go is PHP and MySQL. There is a lot more support from hosts for those using MySQL and I have been finding it's cheaper to host sites as well.
    A VERY good book for starting in PHP if you end up trying this (recommended to me right here on ABW) is from the Wrox Programmer to Programmer series and is called Beginnning PHP4.
    For ASP I have found the Sams Teach Yourself E-Commerce Programming with ASP in 21 Days to be very helpful to start.
    Buuuuut that was a little more detail than you were really after so I'll leave it at that. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Game on!!!!

Well, MikeO, it worked! I went back to the CJ link and there was the text file stating which merchants would be in the feed and a file with 3 feeds in it. Thanks again for the advice. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread