Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Marketing Blogs You Follow
    Though I am pretty much immersed into websites, ad networks,etc, I am pretty much poor in info when it comes to affiliate marketing.

As experienced affiliators what are the blogs on affiliate marketing that you regularly follow to keep in touch with tips, tricks and news?

There are quite a lot of good ones out there. I suggest Shoemoney, John Chow, and 5 star affiliate programs blog is great. There are a lot of others that are really good, but those 3 are a start.
    [b]Logan Thompson[/b]
    [size=-2][url=http://www.loganthompson.me]My Blog[/url] | [url=http://www.twitter.com/drumminlogan]Follow Me on Twitter[/url][/size]

Be careful what you accept as fact though. There's a lot of hype out there. Blogs are usually based on the authors opinion, or are just more get rich quick schemes, and can easily lead you astray. Read with skepticism, even the one in my sig.

X

I wouldn't trust Shoemoney nor JohnChow..Though I have not been following their blogs, just remaining in the cyberspace for so long,I've known they are kind of scammers themselves..John Chow got banned from the Google indices too sometime back.

Ed., So true..But aren't there even a couple of well-trusted blogs that give the genuine of tips and tricks.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, first time I heard of John Chow was a little uproar when he talking about how to cookie stuff, won't link to his blog but -http://blog.affiliatetip.com/archives/john-chow-affiliate-neanderthal/

You have one that was pretty much exposed here at ABW when he tried to have some long drawn out thread on how to produce content. Nice guy, professional background but couldn't back up what he was posting here and outed himself with his own words.

You have another, Super PPC guy, who posted about his ban warning from Google for his ads. If that happened, wouldn't be so super.

So those I don't pay any attention too. Plus a lot of that is more CPA network type stuff and I do more mainstream/traditional affiliate network type stuff.

I check out jangro.com, costpernews, every now and then. I've cut down on what I read since it takes me away from what I should be doing, work. I think I've become bored with them since most of it is known stuff or just reporting news or commenting on other people's post etc. Maybe Twitter had some affect on that as but I've cut down on that as well. Every now and then I find something useful like the helpareporter that I posted about here - http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...light=reporter

first heard about that from one of those places, think I saw a Twitter on that. I guess what blogs you'll like depends a lot on what you actually do and where you're at in this business, just starting out vs. doing it for many years.

I've been reading around some since I put up my first blog, but find that most don't post new articles often enough to suit me so I lose interest. As a newcomer affiliate it might be difficult to find new articles by reputable authors that have useful information unless you start digging through some archives, or search for specific information you're looking for. A lot of subjects that might interest you have been hashed and re-hashed previously so won't be blogged about in new posts.

You might do a little more searching around ABW. There's a wealth of information about whatever you might want to know.

X

I just came across one, Cashtactics.net

Looks pretty good on content..

I agree with the previous posters that much of the affiliate marketing blogosphere isn't worth reading. I subscribe to them in my newsreader but skim them quickly at best. I do, however, enjoy reading some of the new media bloggers like Seth Godin, Chris Brogan and Josh Klein. These guys, while not 100% affiliate focused, generally have something interesting to say about marketing online.

I also suggest that you subscribe to bloggers specific to the niche(s) you're working in. The good ones will usually rank for related keywords so they're fairly easy to track down. Also, once you start reading a few, they'll mention others and it'll build from there.

Hope this helps.

I never found any useful information on an affiliate blog. Stick with reading the forums.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shimmy
    I never found any useful information on an affiliate blog. Stick with reading the forums.
    Generally, I agree with you in a very big way.

But I do think there are exceptions, like Jangro.com. He just won the Affiliate Summit award for best blogger.

Yes, Scott Jangro's blog is something definitely one worth reading.

Just for the record, I blog too: http://www.amnavigator.com/blog/

Geno

Your best source of info is right here! Forget the blogs.

I agree with sticking with this forum.

You can ask questions here and get non-hype answers from a wide range of people who are in the business.

Came across yet another good one: affiliateconfession.com
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; January 16th, 2009 at 12:32 PM.

I think your time is generally going to be better spent reading blogs that focus on the industry you are trying to promote, and only occasionally checking out affiliate blogs and forums. This forum is truly a gold mine of information.

Admin Note: Saw this coming a mile away, take it easy with the superfluous links there knewthis.

Good catch Haiko.

ABW Ambassador Stephanie Lichtenstein's Avatar
    A couple people that I pay attention to are Angel Djambazov and Jangro.
    @MicroSteph | Stephanie Lichtenstein
    President of Micro Media Marketing
    Outsourced Social Media Management
    Get Connected: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | AIM: AffiliateLady | Skype: StephanieLichtenstein

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph-ARC
    A couple people that I pay attention to are Angel Djambazov and Jangro.
    Agreed. I also read Shawn Collin's blog, CostPerNews, and ReveNews for industry updates. A healthy balance between the blogs & forums works for me in terms of staying abreast of what's going on.

ABW Ambassador Stephanie Lichtenstein's Avatar
    Yea I agree with Trisha Shawn's blog is good also Missy's is a great one.
    @MicroSteph | Stephanie Lichtenstein
    President of Micro Media Marketing
    Outsourced Social Media Management
    Get Connected: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | AIM: AffiliateLady | Skype: StephanieLichtenstein

Hey there Haiko

Dont remember what I had posted before you edited it there
    Anyway, no links from newbies..yes I remember now
    --

Continuing with the topic, I have seen quite a few good (as in really good) blogs from people using the eBay to sell products. They look like an entirely different breed of people. eBay is hardly discussed among the affiliators I meet on the forums; especially Abestweb!

ABW Ambassador
    If you're selling products on ebay, that's not really affiliate marketing and ebay has it's own forums for a lot of that and there are forums out there probably just for ebay sellers to get together and talk.

But as far as discussing ebay here at ABW, we actually have a forum here just for talking about ebay and their affiliate program - http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=492

No, I am not talking about selling products of ebay. I am referring to displaying products from eBay on your website. Publishers get paid based on the active registered users eBay accrues from our referrals.

If someone would be so kind.... Where is Angel's blog please?

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    Well I could mention ours. We've just done an article on US Affiliate Taxes as they are being extended beyond just New York. So I won't post a link but hey...I'm sure you'll know where to look..

TBH I read a lot of blogs both from contributors here and on affiliates4u and the information is eye opening.
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast