Smile New Merchant Needs Your Inputs & Suggestions
    Hi all:

We just signed up with Shareasale as a merchant, and we would like to know what affiliates' ideas that can help us to develop the program. Please list some A-must ideas so we can get it available ASAP.

We have been in the program for 5 days, and we have about 70 affiliates signed up so far, but most of them are coupon and banner sites. Some are highly related blogs, but their Alexa rankings are low.

We do see some sales come in, but I cannot track back from the affiliates' sites where our links or banners are placed. It is kind of strange.

Welcome to ABW goldfishboy! Check with Haiko, the owner of ABW, and do whatever he requires to have a proper announcement of your program here. The members here will promote you more as they get to know your setup.

It might help to realize that Alexa rankings only count how many visitors with the alexa toolbar installed visit a given site, they do not indicate anything else about traffic. A site's "Alexa ranking" is meaningless to predict anything but Alexa visitors.

If you are curious as to where your traffic is coming from you can ask - but unless you have made it part of your contract terms that traffic must or must not come from some particular source you may not get adequate responses.

There's a lot to learn and if you have the time and inclination you can read through the experiences of many others in your shoes here at ABW. There is a Merchant Best Practices forum here, and one on Becoming a Merchant that many find helpful. The search box makes it easy to find most topics.

The quick fix is to consult with an OPM which is often free for the first consultation. Welcome to ABW

ABW Ambassador
    "Some are highly related blogs, but their Alexa rankings are low"

Do not assume that because a site has a low Alexa rank that the site is of no value.

Those highly related blogs are potentially the best sites for your program, as they are highly related to your site.

Even low traffic is not always a bad sign. If a site is extremely targeted, they do not need much traffic to be a successful affiliate.

A site with 100 visitors per day that is highly targeted to your merchant site could be far better than a site with 100,000 visitors per day. It all depends on the quality of the visitors, not the number.

Hi Goldfishboy! Welcome!

When I look for merchants to promote on shareasale, I generally do keyword type searches, so I would say to make sure that your relevant keywords are all listed somewhere in the blurb you have posted on shareasale about your program.

Also, if you haven't made your datafeed available through popshops and the other datafeed services, get started with that ASAP. A lot of affiliates will find you through those services.

I am not sure if you are on autodeposit or not, but if you aren't, get that set up too. You'll get even more affiliates interested in your program that way.

I wish you all the best with your program!

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    "Some are highly related blogs, but their Alexa rankings are low"

Do not assume that because a site has a low Alexa rank that the site is of no value.

Those highly related blogs are potentially the best sites for your program, as they are highly related to your site.

Even low traffic is not always a bad sign. If a site is extremely targeted, they do not need much traffic to be a successful affiliate.

A site with 100 visitors per day that is highly targeted to your merchant site could be far better than a site with 100,000 visitors per day. It all depends on the quality of the visitors, not the number.

I agree 100%! Well said Julian.

Thanks all for the kind suggestions!

However, I really want any people working at Shareshare answer my email/message.

We've submitted the datafeed for a couple days, and waiting for the approval. Nothing happens yet.

Also, we've joined the feature holiday merchants, and we have uploaded a new banner to Brian after the payment, but the banner never got updated. We submitted a help ticket, no response either.

Is Sharessale really having communicate problems like some posts said?

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfishboy
    Thanks all for the kind suggestions!

However, I really want any people working at Shareshare answer my email/message.

We've submitted the datafeed for a couple days, and waiting for the approval. Nothing happens yet.

Also, we've joined the feature holiday merchants, and we have uploaded a new banner to Brian after the payment, but the banner never got updated. We submitted a help ticket, no response either.

Is Sharessale really having communicate problems like some posts said?
    All depends when you sent your emails - after all, for many this was almost a four day weekend. Saturday, Sunday, Monday (MLK's Birthday) and today the Presidential Inauguration...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    goldfishboy,

I just (5 minutes ago) uploaded the last of the holiday ad banners that I had, I don't know if one was yours as I don't know your account but if you can check to see if it is up there the way you want - and just let me know. If it isn't, then I don't have one in my queue which means we'll need to find it.

Regarding communication, I don't know when you sent the datafeed in - but if it was your first one it may require manual approval which would need to take place during business hours. ShareASale was closed yesterday (Monday) for MLK Jr. - which means that review would likely take place sometime today.

If you sent it in way prior to that, please let me know.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Thanks so much Brian. You work quick on this issues.

I got the approval of datafeed and the banner was updated.

So can somebody point me to the right direction/procedure to introduce ourselves in this forum, and to announce our new program?

You can post your program info by following this link:
    http://www.abestweb.com/advertising/

I try to pay the $75 introduction fee, but it ends up go to system error page. Can any staff contact me regarding this issue?

Outsourced Program Manager
    I forwarded your post to Haiko. You might try again, though. It always works for me.

Thanks for the help from everybody.

I've made the introduction post, hope it can get some good feedback.

What else can we do to find more quality affiliates?

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfishboy
    What else can we do to find more quality affiliates?
    Stay active on ABW letting affiliates know of your offers, new items, deals, datafeed, etc. atleast once per week. You might not see most replying or talking to you but trust me lots of them will see/read your posts and get active eventually.

Just what ever you do don't bash anyone even if they bash you.

Welcome to ABW

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread