Two questions: Does this program make sense and does it seem to be fair. The service is an auction site.

Before I start pushing this program I would like some imput from the experts here. My goal is to keep it simple and make payouts high as possible.

Are there any red flags here? Is it clear? Are payouts to high, too low or just right? Any help with the agreement lingo would be appreciated.

==========================================

Below are the four ways you can earn affiliate dollars

1. Referrals: You will earn $2 [This may go to $5 or $10 if things work out well] for every member referred to L.A.D. that successfully buys or sells an item in an auction. This is a one time bonus for each new member referred.

2. Percent of sale: Promoting a website is hard work and we believe you should be rewarded for your efforts. We offer 30% of every dollar successfully collected by L.A.D. from the members you refer.

3. Second Tier percent of sale: We offer 10% of every dollar earned by the affiliates you refer that become LinkAdage Auctions Affiliates.

4. Second Tier Bonus: You will earn $1 everytime one of your referred affiliates signs up a new member to L.A.D. that successfully buys or sells an item in an auction. This is a one time bonus for each new member your affiliates refer.

Detailed stipulations

*We have implemented a 180 day cookie to track your referrals

*All payouts are based on collected revenues from referrals

*The 30% commission is paid as long as your referred member remains at L.A.D

* The 10% commission of your affiliates, affiliate earnings is paid as long as your referred member remains at L.A.D

* Referred members that do not abide buy the User Agreement of LAD may lose their membership

* Affiliates that are inactive for 6 months will be terminated from the program and will forfeit all future commissions

* The Referral bonus is a one time pay out per new referral that either successfully wins or sells an auction

**We do not accept download S/W affiliates into our program. Any affiliate caught using a Browser Helper Object (BHO) application or e-mail spamming agrees to immediately forfeit all Commissions earned and pull our links from their pages and BHO.

Promotion for Current Members

* Current LAD members that become affiliates and refer at least two active members per month will get a 25 % discount on transactions they make at LAD. "Active members" are new members that generate affiliate income for you from either # 1, 2, 3 or 4 above. Just send me an email when you meet this qualification.

What would be a better plan?

$2 for any sign up or $10-$15 for every sign up that wins or sells an auction? I figure option two would cost more in the short run but less in the long run.

I think option one opens me up to fraud? There will be those that sign up 20 different fake accounts to collect and easy $40.

Am I posting in the correct area? I am surprised by the lack of feedback so far. If this post is in the wrong area, moderater, please feel free to move to the correct spot.

Good night all!

John

Thanks for the input!

Ok what if I offered $1,000 for anyone who signs up as a member and stays at least 24 hour with no bids or auctions required? That would be a great affiliate program but would it generate any discussion?

boinnnnnggggggggg

_____
    I earned something? Who screwed up?

Oh my god, a reply. Thank you for your input.

Well, I'll need to go with my gut on this since I got only one reply but I am not sure what the reply means. I will study it further.

Well to continue the conversation with myself, I was thinking, "why not offer affiliates $10 for their affiliates referal's first successful buy or sell instead of $2.

Much more of an incentive meaning more referrals.. Then I got to thinking, Joe Scam affiliate, refers two fake referrals, Joe Jr. and Joe Shmoe. Joe Jr. lists an auction worth $50 for $200 minimum bid. Since it is over priced, no one bids until the last minute when Joe Shmoe buys the auction at $200.

So Joe Scam collects $10 for Joe Jr' first successful auction and $10 for Joe Shmoe's first successful bid. Joe Scam also gets his 30% of the commission on the $200 auction for another $6 dollars.

In the end Joe Scam gets $26, I get $16 and the affiliate program company gets $4.

Is there of big danger of affiliates playing a program like this?

Other then moving the first time buy sell back to $2 to remove the scam incentive, what are my other options?

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    OK I'll throw in my two cents

I have found in my real life away from here when I set up booking programs for products the more stipulations and conditions can back fire and people may not be able to figure it out and go elsewhere

Maybe use the KISS (keep it simple stupid approach) A flat rate for registering, and a flat rate when a person actually buys something
    Similar in what e bay does but I personally feel a worthwhile flat rate payment on a sale from a registed bidder from our site may make more sense. And none of this .05 cr=pola another auction site uses

As I said abot confusion much of the above questions(even the sarcastic parts of them)left me bewildered trying to exactly get a grip on what your program offers were.

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

Thank you for your reply. Sarcasm only about lack of response. I agree in KISS. My message above may be confusing because of my poor ability to lay out a possible scam senareo. That could cost me more then I take in which is ok in the short run.

Maybe I put a clause, that states bonus could change if excessive affiliate abuse is found or something like that.

Thanks for your response.

jl

Well I couldn't wait any longer for additional member input so I did the best I could and fired up my affiliate program.

Take a look at my post in the "New Programs" forum for more details.

LinkAdage Auctions The Place to Buy and Sell Text Links Via Online Auction

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread