Woodwind & Brasswind - Worpress issue
    I am using WP 2.7 with the plugin exex=php

I have created a post with the php code to create a store.

All seems to be ok EXCEPT by the search box I get some code showing, namely:
    name="gcst" onkeydown="return gc_CKP(event);" value="">

How can I get rid of this?

Quote Originally Posted by vivre
    I am using WP 2.7 with the plugin exex=php

I have created a post with the php code to create a store.

All seems to be ok EXCEPT by the search box I get some code showing, namely:
    name="gcst" onkeydown="return gc_CKP(event);" value="">

How can I get rid of this?
    This is exactly the same setup I've had for months with earlier versions of WP, using the execPHP plugin, and trying to use GetData golden can code.

I've only found 2 solutions -- either eliminate the search box or use Javascript instead of GetData. I THINK that's the only things I found that would help.

For whatever reason, Golden Can GetData code simply doesn't play well with WP. Most of my websites are built on WP installs and it's very limiting to what I'd like to do with Golden Can.
    Generate more fake news.

Support provided a solution:
    Add the following line inside your GoldenCAN code and remove_filter('the_content', 'wpautop');

It works!

Quote Originally Posted by vivre
    Support provided a solution:
    Add the following line inside your GoldenCAN code and remove_filter('the_content', 'wpautop');

It works!
    Thanks. I think I tried that once awhile back and it didn't solve the problem I'm having. But I'll give it a try to be sure. Maybe I had it wrong before.
    Generate more fake news.

It works - mostly. A couple themes I tried the remove wpautop it with had no effect.

I sent in a help desk suggesting another option button by the PHP code box (like - "Convert this to Wordpress")

Quote Originally Posted by wwday3
    It works - mostly. A couple themes I tried the remove wpautop it with had no effect.

I sent in a help desk suggesting another option button by the PHP code box (like - "Convert this to Wordpress")
    FYI -- When I use the code solution in WP pages with the GC GetData PHP, it seems to work.

BUT -- If I click on any of the GC pagination links to move to a new page -- I get sent to my WP site's index.php.

If I use the javascript version of hte GC script, it works just fine without modifying the PHP code.

Realizing that javascript has no real SEO benefits is sort of a trade off, I decided. Since WP blogs that are posted to regularly tend to draw search engines anyway, perhaps it'll work to use the javascript for the GC store and count on lots of spiders via the WP posting stuff?

I dunno. One more reason I still prefer PopShops to GC, though I have GC on a couple of blogs.
    Generate more fake news.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread