ABW Ambassador
    CJ Links Always Changing but do they Track?
    Can someone confirm if the links are still paying commissions when they change which seems to be very frequently? I find I check back on a merchants links a few months later and the code is using a different url although it usually has the same id etc.

For example the old code might have " - net" as the url but the new one has " - com".

(EDITED: there is a reason you can't post the cj domains, please don't try and get around the board deleting them automatically. - loxly)
    Last edited by loxly; January 18th, 2009 at 10:43 PM.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I think all their different redirect tracking urls track the same, they just push the traffic through different urls to spread it around. Wouldn't worry about them changing.

http and a telephoto
    glinted, please note your post was edited. CJ domains can't be publically posted. Their rule....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by affninja
    I think all their different redirect tracking urls track the same, they just push the traffic through different urls to spread it around. Wouldn't worry about them changing.
    I've made commissions from CJ links I've forgotten about.
    I wouldn't worry about the changing links.

You might want to read this thread:
    Changed Links and Conversions Go Up (Temporarily)
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ighlight=links
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    ok thanks Rhia and ninja for your confirmation, glad to see some helpful people around here...

loxely, not trying to get around anything, just thought your board was thinking I was trying to post a link which Im sure you know by now I wouldn't be trying to do. Just for the record so others don't think I'm some sort of spammer, I had posted just the domain with - com and not an affiliate link. I know your a strict by the book moderator but sometimes you should chill out a bit, a pm would have been a bit more considerate!
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

http and a telephoto
    glinted... wasn't being mean, sorry if it sounded that way. You broke up the links to show the CJ domains and that is something that CJ has requested not happen. Those domains are not supposed to be posted anywhere and I know they were not your affiliate links. Also serves as a reminder to others that might try to do the same.

It was past your own window for editing, so a pm to you wouldn't have helped the situation, the domains needed to be removed.
    Deborah Carney

Question
    Does anyone know if the domains can be interchangable ?

like they have like a dozen or so of them right now ..

and it seems kinda random ..

If I was to use one of the domains for all the links would that work?

Or is the domain it gives you tied together with the link?

~~~
    Also .. they did this to prevent being blocked from something right?

Does anyone keep track if the new domains are being blocked like the other ones from the past?

I'm not sure what the event was .. im assuming , please correct me if im wrong!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Georgie Peri; January 19th, 2009 at 12:04 PM.

http and a telephoto
    Any of the domains work. If you pull a CJ merchant datafeed the links will be random throughout.

This was partially done to keep cookie blocking programs from blocking the CJ domains. I don't know if it is still effective for that or not.
    Deborah Carney

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread