FTP Datafeeds
    Up until January 15 I was receiving datafeeds via email. I received the notice that they would no longer send them that way and that I had to set up the FTP, which I did. I currently receive datafeeds for two merchants.

This is very frustrating because I'm constantly having to check my ftp folder to see if the new datafeeds have come in yet. I received the feeds for the 15th and 16th without any problem. But it's been two days, and I haven't received any more. I thought maybe there might be something wrong with the set-up so I went back to Connect Commerce and pressed the Test FTP and save button again. It returned the message: returnMessage=Request sent Successfully.

Is there a way to find out when the datafeeds have been sent without having to check my folder constantly? Is there a way to force the system to send the datafeeds, or have they just been down for the last two days over the three-day weekend?

Also, it's frustrating that there is no way to tell the difference between the datafeeds from day to day. How do you know when you received a new one if they all have the same file name that over-write each other? The only way I could figure out to tell is to delete them from my ftp folder after I've downloaded them to my computer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hello,

Clients do not always send data feeds daily. You will only receive a new feed when one is sent to us. Also, I believe each file is dated so you can see new feeds.

Perhaps other affiliates can offer suggestions on how they implement and track feeds.

I will pass your feedback to product management for review in terms of process and visibility improvements.

Thank you,

Jamie

Thank you, Jamie. One of them came through this morning.

My host uses cpanel, and when I view the file list online all it shows is the name of the file. There is no way to determine the date/time that it was downloaded that I can see.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread