What are the benifits of CJs verses other affiate prorams
    Hello,
    I am in a marketing department of a niche craft supply company called Delphi Glass. We're considering becoming a part of an affiliate program. I was wondering what program would make the most sense for us, CJs or Google or maybe another site. What are the benefits of working with CJs. What's your experience with their customer service? Are the other advertisers on there quality? I know they attract many big names. Thanks for any insights you can give me.

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    It depends on what your goals are. If your goal is a lot of exposure, you might consider CJ. If you just want quality sales, try out ShareASale, they're cheaper from a merchant standpoint anyway and have a higher quality level of affiliates as they don't allow anyone even partially questionable into the network.

CJ will get your program seen by more eyes though, so just contact the networks and ask them for demos - most if not all will oblige. It really depends on your program as to which network works best.

i'd have to agree with Trisha above. SAS has a great list of affiliates since they allow very little unethical affiliates into their network. However, CJ is great for driving sales, clicks, and impressions.

We actually have a program with both networks, and our CJ sales are doing much much better than in SAS. One of the advantages of having more ppl see your links and banners. SAS though, has better tracking as it seems to be done in real time, as oppose to CJ which usually takes a couple of hours to upload into your interface.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    From THIS affiliate's point of view - I find Shareasale's interface, datafeeds, etc, far easier to use than Commission Junction's.

You do want happy affiliates right?
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Thank You
    thank you for all your honest feeback. It was really helpful

We actually have a program with both networks, and our CJ sales are doing much much better than in SAS.
    Some SAS affiliates avoid cross-network programs just because they are cross-network.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    Some SAS affiliates avoid cross-network programs just because they are cross-network.
    I hate to say this, but the big affiliates won't be doing that. In the end, what's the difference between running a clean, parasite free program in CJ vs SAS? According to Cymax, it's the fact that more/higher earning affiliates found his program through CJ. Sometimes higher fees do correlate with higher volumes.

One of the best things about CJ is the fact they come up with some astoundingly funny stuff on their log in page. Like today, which is their 10 year anniversary or such.

"Commission Junction Celebrates 10 Years and a Record of Industry Best Practices."

Gallows humor to the max. I almost spit coffee all over the keyboard when I read that.
    Really funny stuff though. But clues and CJ are mutually exclusive.

You might also want to call the folks at buy.at. They run a totally "clean" network and have outstanding communication and service. They have a firm policy of not allowing unethical affiliates who may otherwise end up poaching your direct online sales.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread