Over 30 Deer at our Car Door - No Joke
    Hi
    My husband and I spent the holiday dec 2008 in Old Forge NY, Adk mtns.
    While we were driving around, we were amazed at how many deer came up to our car, literally to our car window, looking for food.

Here are some up close and personal pics of one amazing encounter.

Tiffany

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Nice pics..

Too bad that they are grown too fond of human contact that they are no longer afraid of humans. That gets that shot by hunters, run over by cars and become a nuisance to the public which could lead to their demise.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ewe
    Nice pics..

Too bad that they are grown too fond of human contact that they are no longer afraid of humans. That gets that shot by hunters, run over by cars and become a nuisance to the public which could lead to their demise.
    It was a residential area, seems many of the locals leave out food for them in feeders, so they know where to get food.

It was quite a shocker to see them all flock to us.
    The deer by us, in the Catskills, as oppossed to the Adirondaks where these pics were taken, are afraid of ppl and only come out at night and early am to get food.

Either way, we certainly didnt feed them and do not encourage such actions, we were merely enjoying the beauty of the situation.

Thanks for commenting.

Awwwwhhhh Bambi and friends they're soooooooo cute Thanks for posting em.

Agree, wish people wouldn't feed em. I know their intentions are good but it will make em toooo trusting and they'll get themselves hurt.

Envy you living in an area where ya can see em. Do ya get to see many of em in your area (the ones scared of people)?

I can tell by the satellite dish it's residential

Yeah too bad about feeding the animals.

There is a zoo in RI that you can go into a fenced in area where you can feed the deers. They are very shy and run away when you put out your hand to feed 'm. So I am surprised that these deers are so tame!

Wow, they sure feel right at home in someone's front yard (judging by the dish that ladidah has mentioned)!

There are quite a few deer where we live too; but you can't see them during day-time. They come out only when it gets dark.

Geno

Too small to shoot. Wish bigger ones would bunch like that when I'm out in the woods.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Hi purplebear.
    Yes, we get to see the deer here too, but from a distance.
    They come onto our property at dusk and we watch from our windows!
    But we have 7 beautiful goats which we are fond of watching too.
    They are a hoot.
    Believe it or not, they are just our pets, no farm or anything.
    They make terrific pets, if you have the time to devote and the space.
    I will try to post some goats pics soon.
    Tiffany

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    "A Hoot". Ha. Speaking of hoot. We have a neighbor that has two pygmy goats (names are "Hoot" n' "Anny"), each just a little larger than a jack russell terrier. I love those little guys. They get out now and then (crafty animals and good climbers) and come running over, and right up on our front porch. They love our two dogs. They all get a long just fine. The dogs didn't know what to make of them at first, though

Really cute animals. Their little tails wag faster than the dogs tails when they are happy.

But re: the deer. I agree with some others. It's really no good to feed wildlife, as tempting as it is.

The deer were there before people moved in. I can't fault the homeowners for feeding them. I do think that wolves should be reintroduced to areas with areas where the deer herds need to be thinned.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

"wo pygmy goats (names are "Hoot" n' "Anny")"
    lol perfect names.

oooooh I envy you Tiffany yeap, I love goats, too. Especially the little fellas Gary talked about. If I was ever rich I'd definitely have a house out in the country with lottsa horses, goats, alpaca and all kindsa critters.

My niece (who actually lives in a pretty residential area but a golf course is nearby) I've been there at times and get to see the deer thru the kitchen window at dusk, too.

Would love to see the goat pictures

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    "wo pygmy goats (names are "Hoot" n' "Anny")"
    lol perfect names.

oooooh I envy you Tiffany yeap, I love goats, too. Especially the little fellas Gary talked about. If I was ever rich I'd definitely have a house out in the country with lottsa horses, goats, alpaca and all kindsa critters.

My niece (who actually lives in a pretty residential area but a golf course is nearby) I've been there at times and get to see the deer thru the kitchen window at dusk, too.

Would love to see the goat pictures

Hi purplebear,
    I posted pics of our goats!!!
    Let me know what you think.
    They are our pride and joy, we love them immensely.
    Tiffany

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread