ABW Ambassador
    I Love Blow
    I bet some thought this was going to be some spam or something when you read the title

I've never even tried it but in case you have this merchant on your site -

http://www.iloveblow.com

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're probably not getting sales. You can find them in the Food category.

hmmmm ... a very interesting merchant ...

15 years and counting
    That's marketing pushed to the extreme. Is there a limit to good taste?

makes you wonder about the screening process

Holy crap.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Interesting video. I got sucked into watching the whole thing once I started. I just hope it's gone before my daughters get old enough to think it's cool.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    What an idiot. Good marketing yes, but at the expense of promoting something similar to a drug, where kids under 25 (yes under 25 still a kid) to me that's a crime. Hopefully FDA will take it of the market or re-brand it quick.

15 years and counting
    The guy is in his trip. He don't realize how stupid it is. Even if all the rules are not written, you have things you should not do.
    I see a big analogy with all these guys running parasitic applications.

ABW Ambassador
    It's not so much the video, it's that the domain actually used to go to a website where they sold the stuff. Now it's just being directed to their YouTube video channel.

And it was a dumb idea too, wonder if somebody actually did do something because of it, hence it now being directed to the YouTube channel.

Using and borrowing nomenclature and urban culture to launch a product is "smart" and "edgy". However, it is absolutely idiotic to select such a negative, offensive morally decrepit imagery that makes this product and all associated with it so reprehensible. Even the thought of this being targeted to our nations youth infuriates me to no end and no, I don't need to "get over it" - they need to be stopped, glamorizing drugs and addiction for profit is disgusting.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Frankly I am not amused. It is not only in poor taste, a high school or college kid could do that for a goof and I'd let it slide even though I wouldn't approve but they are trading on it to make money. Yuck.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

Affiliate Manager
    I have mixed feelings about that product. On the one hand, I believe everyone should have the freedom to produce just about any product they choose so long as it causes no harm. But on the flipside, I'm not sure this one causes no harm.

By attempting to make it somehow acceptable to use a mirror and straw to snort this vitamin concoction it in effect glorifies drug abuse. And not just any drug, but one of the most addictive drugs, mired in perhaps the most dangerous global trade. Mexico is on the verge of becoming a failed state because of the ruthless exploits of their cocaine drug lords, and it should not be lost on us that their customers are mostly American.

For a company to put out a product like this is beyond tasteless, quite possibly a social danger.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    I thought there was an old thread on them here but it might have been somewhere else because I can't find it. But checking archive.org

http://web.archive.org/web/200802091...iloveblow.com/

So this merchant can be removed as well, since I think they closed up shop. Whoever is TM bidding on them, you might want to stop your ads as well

r
    Quote Originally Posted by TerriFalcone
    It is not only in poor taste, a high school or college kid could do that for a goof and I'd let it slide even though I wouldn't approve but they are trading on it to make money.
    I can actually deal with these aholes (who are not pretending to be anything but completely offensive) more easily than I can with OneCause and all the other wolves in sheeps clothing. Talk about "trading on it to make money!"
    Last edited by JoyUnltd; January 20th, 2009 at 02:14 PM. Reason: gramma
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Closed for now, doesn't appear to be selling anything just promoting the videos.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread