Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    Affiliate Summit After Thoughts (Better Late Than Never)
    Hello ABW Family,

Now that I have fully recovered from Vegas and have had an opportunity to settle in, I want to take a few moments to acknowledge a few people and just say thank you for making Affiliate Summit West 2009 a great conference.

I first want to thank Missy and Shawn for putting together another great conference. We really considered getting a booth for the second time around and we found that it was a great investment. If there are those in our industry wondering if Affiliate Summit is worth the investment, I want to be the first to say that it "ABSOLUELY IS", Shawn and Missy you ROCK!

Amy, Charlie and the entire Buy.at team put together a tremendous party at Club Moon, for those of you who missed it, you missed an "OFF THE HOOK" event. I have to say that this event took the cake and really kicked things off at Affiliate Summit, great job AMY, I think your going to give P. Diddy some competition..

Brian, Carolyn, Sara and David, I loved the 80's party..It brought back all kinds of memories. Somehow I cant get out of my mind the picture of Brian wearing a "FlashDance" shirt...or was it a "Fame" outfit, who knows..In any case, it was a great party and it really added to the events at Affiliate Summit..SHAREASALE again puts a great party together!

P.S. The Picture Booth was off the hook!

Some final thoughts: I spoke with various offline publication editors while I was at Summit that covered some of the other conferences taking place. They expressed to me that they couldn't believe affiliate summit was sold out, while other popular conferences had suffered a 30% loss in attendance.

What I gathered from this example is that no matter what our industry may or may not being going through, merchants continue to enjoy working with a performance based marketers and thatís good news for all of us involved in this business. We really have a good thing going here and we should all do our part in preserving such a great industry.

Over and OUT!
    Last edited by Affiliate Eagle; January 20th, 2009 at 12:56 PM.
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

Thanks so much Emilio! Glad to hear you had such a great time

Always, lets see how your going to top your party in the Summer....LOL
    Emilio Yepez
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

In addition to putting faces to names and having a great time partying what would you say was the thing that was most beneficial to you as an affiliate in your time at the Affiliate Summit?
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio-ARC
    Always, lets see how your going to top your party in the Summer....LOL
    Ha! We'll definitely try...but this one will be hard to beat!

Well, I happen to be an affiliate manager, but from an affiliate standpoint I know other affiliates get together, they talk and share ideas. Affiliate Summit also gives you further insight into who's really involved and whats going on.

Hope this helps.
    Emilio Yepez
    Follow Me On My Twitter

ABW Ambassador Stephanie Lichtenstein's Avatar
    For affiliates besides beneficial tracks that are interesting and innovative, you can also personally get to know merchants and build lasting partnerships with them. You can take a look at different networks to decide which ones you want to partner with. I find this to be useful for my affiliate partners. As an affiliate manager, I get to introduce and match merchants to affiliates that would work well with their programs. I can also get a better idea of what the affiliate needs from me to get the best return on their time with our programs.
    @MicroSteph | Stephanie Lichtenstein
    President of Micro Media Marketing
    Outsourced Social Media Management
    Get Connected: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | AIM: AffiliateLady | Skype: StephanieLichtenstein

Like Stephanie said above you get to know what networks you want to work with and more important what ones you would never work with.

The networking is by far my favorite part of summit. There were many times where I was standing with another affiliate when an affiliate manager who knows me came up and said Hi and introduced themselves to them also. Seems there was more of that at this show which is a good thing. I also told other affiliates about good programs and introduced them to the affiliate managers.

Had many an affiliate manager approach me asking me to do more with their programs which ended up getting a better commission rate then what appears on their sign up pages. I also learned a better way to market their program which I hadn't thought of.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    i got to fly with the falcon in Vegas!

(falcon, sorry i left the piano bar w/o a proper goodbye, to D too, we walked out then i realized we were leaving to go elsewhere). C u in NY.

Donuts it's all good - It gave us better seats
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread