I've just installed phpadsnew to rotate some of the affiliate banners on our site. I have two questions, which I'm hoping someone can help me with.

1. When adding an html banner, it gives an option to "Alter HTML to enable tracking of AdClicks" ..Can this affect tracking? (we use CJ and linkshare)

2. I installed phpadsnew on a different domain, which is on our same dedicated server. I was given the impression this was the best option. If the clicks are coming from 3fatchicks.com, but the script and click thru url is on another domain, will the advertisers disapprove?

thanks!

I've used PhpAdsNew for a couple of years. It's great, and the latest versions isn't too heavy on the server either.

1: no, tracking works. On some networks, you have to add in your profile the domain where PhpAdsNew are installed, as the clicks will come from there. Ie. TradeDoubler does not track clicks from non-registered domains (You can get tracking from everywhere turned on only if you have an accepted e-mail list). Almost the same goes for FastClick and a few others, you have to get the domain accepted as a valid referrer.

LS & CJ tracks, no matter what domain the click came from.

2: If the advertisers disapprove, he's stupid. If you want to help him, you can set up your adserver domain in your profile too, and as description just say it's your adserver and that you will serve all your ads from there. You can still use separate PIDs to get the sales recorded on the sites where they belong.

quick link for the lazy or PM?

right now I'm using a very simple javascript but one of my site wide button rotating files is like 22KB now would like to stuff those urls into a database and call 1 at a time when needed :P

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Canadian eh:
    quick link for the lazy or PM?

right now I'm using a very simple javascript but one of my site wide button rotating files is like 22KB now would like to stuff those urls into a database and call 1 at a time when needed :P<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    http://phpadsnew.com/two/

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread