Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador

Here are some details from the DOD's web site:

U.S. forces capture Saddam Hussein at remote farmhouse near Tikrit, Iraq

WASHINGTON, Dec. 14, 2003 -- “We got him.” U.S. Ambassador L. Paul Bremer II announced in Baghdad, Iraq, at about 7 a.m. this morning. “Saddam Hussein was captured Saturday, Dec. 13, at about 8:30 p.m. local time, in a cellar in the town of Adwar, which is about 15 kilometers south of Tikrit.”

“This is a great day in Iraq’s history,’ Bremer said to the Iraqi people. “For decades, hundreds of thousands of you suffered at the hands of this cruel man. For decades Saddam Hussein divided you citizens against each other. For decades he threatened and attacked your neighbors. Those days are over forever.

“Now it is time to look to the future – to your future of hope, to a future of reconciliation. Iraq’s future, your future, has never been more full of hope.
    "The tyrant is a prisoner. The economy is moving forward. You have before the prospect of a sovereign government in a few months.

“With the arrest of Saddam Hussein, there is a new opportunity for the members of the former regime, whether military or civilian to end their bitter opposition. Let them now come forward in a spirit of reconciliation and hope, lay down their arms and join you, their fellow citizens, in the task of building the new Iraq.

“Now is the time for all Iraqis, Arabs and Kurds, Sunnis and Shia, Christian and Turkimen, to build a prosperous, democratic Iraq at peace with itself and with its neighbors.”

Cheers to the U.S., Coalition forces and Iraqi people. Hopefully the people of Iraq will be able to move forward now with a real future. I have to say that I am really surprised they took him alive. Hopefully the Iraqi people will have a chance to decide his fate. It will be interesting to see which way Suddams supporters will decide to go. For peace and rebuilding or the way it has been with attacks on the Iraqi people and coalition forces. Hopefully more good news soon that Bin Ladden is no longer.

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

{“Now is the time for all Iraqis, Arabs and Kurds, Sunnis and Shia, Christian and Turkimen, to build a prosperous, democratic Iraq at peace with itself and with its neighbors.”}

Amen to that

ABW Ambassador
    DaPackster
    Apparently on Sky News they said he would be tried by the Iraqi people.

Download Site Map Creator Today

Perfect, Good, IMO that would be the right thing

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

Well, son or a biscuit, they got him. About time!

I am glad of that. Maybe, with him gone and no hope of return, unable to direct or lead anything, his followers will stop fighting. Hopefully, this will give us a chance to repair Iraq and bring those people some stability. I sure hope so.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

I posted the above without checking it just a few minutes ago but it says it has been more than 30 minutes and won't let me edit for corrections! Please, remove the above post.

Transferring it to your bank account does not protect you. You gave them permission to go into your bank account and take what they want. You need a separate acct for them and to empty that account frequently or at least don't keep any more money in it than you are willing to risk.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

I salute the U.S. troops for their dedication to making the world a better place. Hopefully this will be the dawn of a new middle east!

This is a great day for the world!!!
    One less a**hole dictator.
    WTG Troops

"I did'nt get where I'm at today by worrying about how I'm going to feel tomorrow."

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar

GWB's cold calculated stare now turns on the UN's failure to bring peace and stability to Afghanistan. Watch-out Pakistan as he herded most all the Al-Qauda Bin-Laden followers there and is about to take off the kid gloves on that hot bed region. Seems they know it's coming as the tried to assasinate President Musarrif there today before he orders Paki troops to root out Bin-Laden.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

USA! USA! USA! you rock!

USA rocks!

<font face="Verdana" size="1">About us</font><font face="Verdana" size="1"> |Contact us| poetry | fighting parasiteware

AIM: ssn Jason

Favorite quote: "You can do it on your own, but you don't have to do it alone"</font>

Hmm have you seen my <a href="http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=548608979&f=986605689&m=7406096484&r=7406096484#7406096484">pic?<a>

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Anybody know which CPA network offers the best commission for selling those "Most Wanted Iraqis" Playing Cards?

Now this thread is about affiliate marketing.

I'm off to turn up the volume on U2's 'Beautiful Day' -- great job, troops!

Shawn Collins
    ClubMom, Inc.

http://www.affiliatemanager.net - tools and resources for affiliate managers

So... who got the $25mil?

Konstantin,
    www.GenericGifts.com
    "All your affiliate are belong to us"

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >who got the $25mil?

Halliburton?

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

"But Jimmy had fancy plans, and pants to match"

Funny Drew but I think it was Bectel

"I did'nt get where I'm at today by worrying about how I'm going to feel tomorrow."

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    One of Saddams relatives will claim the $25 million prize after the plastic surgery and Grand Camen ID is done. Halliburton only gets paid for the supplying implants for the Boob job. Now If someone has an affiliate commissioned poster showing GWB and Saddam ( burned out Blds in background) talking on Cell phones ...captioned ...Can You Hear me Now! I'd sign up.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jasonco12:
    USA rocks!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is nice to know that US citizens value the lives of the allies who made this possible.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by perfectG:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jasonco12:
    USA rocks!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is nice to know that US citizens value the lives of the allies who made this possible. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yeah, the Polish Army rocks too

ABW Ambassador
    I really don't think people meant to slight our allies. They contributed to this also. I think the excitement of the moment just got to everyone. Their are a lot of people who are responsible for this including the people who live there.
    Cazzie

Join the Fight! Parasite Free In 2003!

ABW Ambassador
    Cazzie
    whether people mean it or not, the rest of the world sometimes gets fed up with "Independence Day" style comments about the power of the US.

Many nations have lost lives in this conflict. Many nations deserve the credit. People should not be saying US rocks. They should be saying "the fight on tirany rocks"!

Many of my fellow brits have lost lives in Iraq (and not all killed by the enemy). Also my wifes countrymen (Spain) have been killed in Iraq. This is just two allied countries.

What about the kurds who risked their lives, the intelligence from other countries that gave away his posisiton.

STOP THINKING YOU ARE SO IMPORTANT. This was not a US war, it was a war about right and wrong.

Applaud all who have been affected by this conflict, and none more than the iraqi people.

PerfectG you make a good point. I salute all the troops and nations involved for their dedication in making this world a better place.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> STOP THINKING YOU ARE SO IMPORTANT. This was not a US war, it was a war about right and wrong. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>PerfectG... you may want to keep that to yourself. You see, the democrats, French, Germans and a few others totally believe this is a US war. Specifically a Bush war not about good nor evil but about oil, money and getting back at Saddam for Daddy.

Also, since I am a U.S. citizen, I proudly say the U.S.A. ROCKS. If you Stood up and said that Great Britain ROCKS I'd give you a big high five for loving your country. I wouldn't put you down for not mentioning my country. Post all you want how great your country, your soldiers, and your citizens are and you have my complete support. Just because we support America openly doesn't mean we think we are the only ones over there.

"Bueller...? Bueller...?"

It may be that its human nature feel happiness to see someone taken down a whole peg and even more so to see someone get their cumupance but dont be blinded by the hype. There is a reason that blair and bush refused to take questions on this issue whilst making their speeches today. Saddam is not osama. Saddams capture was (supposedly) not the goal of this war. They are already saying on the news that the iraqis hate it that he is in american hands. Nobody found weapons of mass destruction and the cost in dollars and blood continues to grow. If saddams capture was the goal of this war then bush should have said so and maybe the majority of voters would be behind it.

This is not going to stop international terrorism. The only thing that will stop terrorism is to address the causes of terrorism. The reason for the elation is simply that america and her token ally will not have to hang their heads in shame for a generation.

This is not a moral victory but an imperialist one. Many will belive that the iraqis will be better off. Their infrastructure will be owned by the usa but the iraqis will run iraq.

I dont mean to rain on anyones parade. I am neither for nor against the war. If any of you know a little sociology you will be aware that these conflicts will be the way of the 21st century. Please think about the underlying reasons that we have these small scale wars every couple of years now. You say terrorist, they say freedom fighters. If anything rocks its ficticious victories, media spin and oil.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast