Exclamation extra high reversal rate - The House Boardshop
    so i was about to join

The House Boardshop

Through shareasale and then I noticed there reversal rate was through the roof LOL

check it out

7 day EPC
    $7.02 ( terribly low )

Reversal rate
    170.89% LOL like could you get any friggin higher

Surely shareasale after seeing these figures should contact them and ask them if its really worth them being in the network

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Yes, Electrique Boutique after Halloween - I about had a coronary. They still have a high reversal rate: 7Day = 26.76% / 30 Day = 14.60%. But they are a good producer so I stay with them.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

ABW Ambassador
    170.89%???

It should never be above 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence
    Yes, Electrique Boutique after Halloween - I about had a coronary. They still have a high reversal rate: 7Day = 26.76% / 30 Day = 14.60%. But they are a good producer so I stay with them.
    I know 170 dont make sense, but go take a look for yourself. I kid you not ... that means they must be reversing every sale :0

I guess the question I have is...

When you see reversal rates in shareasale, how high is too high before you avoid them? Like 25%, 50%, 100%?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by easylife
    I guess the question I have is...

When you see reversal rates in shareasale, how high is too high before you avoid them? Like 25%, 50%, 100%?

That really depends on what vertical you are in. While a shoes merchant will have a high reversal rate, other categories should have a very low reversal rate.

ABW Ambassador
    "I know 170 dont make sense, but go take a look for yourself"

I did take a look, and I looked at the trend. Something is screwed up. The reversal rate was a flat line for a very long time, then spiked recently

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Some merchants reverse transactions in large batches once per month. This can cause reversal rates higher than 100% due to the way they are calculated. I realize this sounds a little odd and we are likely going to rethink the way they are calculated but in the meantime, when you do see something like this... that is the scenario.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    Some merchants reverse transactions in large batches once per month. This can cause reversal rates higher than 100% due to the way they are calculated. I realize this sounds a little odd and we are likely going to rethink the way they are calculated but in the meantime, when you do see something like this... that is the scenario.
    Hey thanks Brian for chiming in

So in this scenario, could it be concluded that this merchant is pretty much reversing every single sale affiliates make, or could this just be a few sales made?

lastly, what EPC is classed as good sign of a healthy affiliate program within shareasale?

thanks

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    No it isn't necessarily every sale, but with merchant who have larger volume, they may end up voiding a fairly large number of transactions during the course of a month due to a variety of reasons (returns, duplicate tracking, etc...)

When a merchant waits and does this all on one day, it causes a high number of reversals vs. sales that took place that day. So if a merchant had 50 sales yesterday, but reversed 100 from last month... their reversal rate for that day would be 200%. You can look at the trend report and see 0%, 0%, 0%, 200% for example, those are daily record values.

EPC is probably best used as a metric within verticals... as different verticals have different averages. Comparing snowboards to shoes, for example, probably wont do any good.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

ABW Ambassador
    Click the little colored symbol next to the reversal rate. They're saying every single one are cancelled orders.

ABW Ambassador
    "You can look at the trend report and see 0%, 0%, 0%, 200% for example, those are daily record values."

Where is that at? I'm in the merchant details and just see that little colored symbol to see the reasons for reversals, where to you go to see the trend? It's probably right in front of me and I'm missing it.

Ok, so I get to that merchant details by another method and this time those reversals rates are links but when I click them the page refreshes and I see N/A New

Never mind I see it now if you click View Trend. The reversal rates themselves are links and they still refresh to N/A New when you click them. Little bug I think.

ABW Ambassador
    the View Trend link under the headings

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    See attached.

~ Denis
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

ABW Ambassador
    Yep and when you click View Trend you can see it, when you click the reversal rates themselves you see (and it's probably just a little bug)
    -
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not sure this will help any. Am in their program at another network, am not one of the biggies definitely but I haven't experienced any type of high reversal rate with em.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread