Merchant approval - Affiliate ID entry Q...
    New guy needs a little help in setting up my first store.
    Q1: Does GC obtain each Merchant approval for me after I create a store, or must I go to each provider (i.e. CJ, LinkShare, etc.) and apply for Merchant approvals?
    Q2: Do I enter my Afiliate ID (or User ID) from the provider for every Merchant that I select from the same provider, like CJ? Or, must I get a separate ID (code?) for each Merchant via the provider?

The lack of specifics about this seems to imply that I enter my ID for each Merchant and the Merchant approval will be obtained (or has already been obtained) by GC.
    Did I just answer my own questions?

Thanks

1. You have to apply and be approved for each merchant. GC does not do that for you.

2. When you login to GC, go to My Settings, My Affiliate IDs. After that, your ID's will be automatically embedded in you GC code.

Thanks for your reply.

Just to confirm the ID entry. Are you saying that by entering the ID's into My Affiliates ID's will automatically populate each relative Mercahant ID field in my store?
    Or, do I need to paste the ID into the field next to each Mercahnt in my store?

Note: If it is auto populate, then my ID's are not currently showing most likely because I created my store before entering ID's into My Afiliate ID. Which I can fix with manual pasteing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spokes
    Just to confirm the ID entry. Are you saying that by entering the ID's into My Affiliates ID's will automatically populate each relative Mercahant ID field in my store?
    Yes, your affiliate ID's will auto populate your GC code. You still have to get approved by each merchant you wish to use.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread