How Do Super Affiliates Achieve Their Status
    Here's my question:

How do most super affiliates achieve their status?

A.) Build good, high traffic content sites with ads throughout?

B.) Build good shopping sites?

C.) Build a huge email list?

D.) Build good landing pages and become expert PPC marketers?

What do you think the percentages are? My guess is that most super affiliates are really good at building landing pages and buying PPC traffic.

The problem with this model is that most of their efforts are one and done type efforts with very little long-term value being built.

http and a telephoto
    All of the above, but there are a large number of super affiliates that do NOT do PPC. But they still build great landing pages that they direct their SEO attention to and send their mailing list traffic to.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar

The thread linked to above asks what constitutes a "super affiliate"

This thread asks how "super affiliates" achieve that status.

I don't care if the definition applys to 5K, 10K, or 25K per month.

I'm more interested in how numbers like these are achieved.

And yes, I am fixated on super affiliates b/c I want to become one.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OICUAM2

And yes, I am fixated on super affiliates b/c I want to become one.
    Well then start working on your sites and stop thinking someone is about to hand you a blueprint or treasure map.

The answer to your question is simple:

>> Ton of work (intelligent* work)

Geno

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    I agree with Geno.

A Super Affiliate is not how much they earn or how much they can generate. It's what they bring to the table. For instance, can they put you in touch with people who can deliver the right volume for your niche? Would that person be a Super Affiliate because of whom they have networked with?

Too many ponderables to determine in pure monetary terms what a Super Affiliate actually is. A Super Affiliate is so much more.
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

I've had some luck with PPC and SEO. The problem is that as soon as it starts getting good, the big G makes a change and I'm no longer able to buy as much traffic or my rankings drop. I usually retool and go for the top again, but that game is getting old (and crowded/competitive).

My main goal has always been to build good sites on good domain names (creating a trusted brand), but this is a long-term effort. I'm in this for the long haul so that is why I am focusing now on long-term strategies.

Most of the blogs I read by self proclaimed "super affiliates" lead me to believe they are buying and selling lots of traffic through extensive PPC efforts. They seem to jump from one hot niche to the next based on what is profitable.

For me, I would rather work on the topics I am passionate about and build good sites. I'm doing some PPC into landing pages related to my sites and also trying to build as much content as possible.

My guess is that 80% - 90% of Super Affiliates are doing massive PPC efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by OICUAM2
    My guess is that 80% - 90% of Super Affiliates are doing massive PPC efforts.
    I don't think so. It would certainly be good to see some statistical data on the distribution of affiliate types when it comes to "super affiliates", but my personal gut feeling (based on some affiliate program management experience too) is that the pie is split relatively evenly between PPC, content affiliates, couponers, etc. Some of the super affiliates I work with are not doing any paid search at all.

Geno

http and a telephoto
    OICUAM2, You think wrong. The Super Affiliates that are building lasting sites are building quality sites, that they may also drive PPC traffic too, but a large number do NOT. But if you are good at PPC, go ahead and go that route.

Don't do what the "gurus" do, do what works for YOU.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    My top affiliates are content site creators and reviewers that do some PPC. That is a niche market that they are experts in. Its Darwinism as a few rise to the top on the piles of those who have failed. They didn't kill anyone off they just out competed them.

It goes with my favorite saying:
    If you put an infinite number of monkeys in front of an infinite number of typewriters, sooner or later one will belt out War and Peace

ABW Ambassador
    As Geno pointed out, to be a good affiliate it just takes a lot of work. Don't expect a miracle over night, make plenty of opportunities and diversify. One day you could be doing well with one stream and the next day it could be gone so you to have a few different revenue streams in case some dry up. This is just the basics of earning a living of affiliate programs and not so much about becoming a super affiliate. As far as I'm concerned a super affiliate is those big shopping sites that make net profits of millions a year and have a ton of staff.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I heard someone at Affiliate Summit say that most of his top performers were driving PPC traffic. I suppose it matters what market this particular affiliate manager was in.

My goal is to say goodbye to PPC forever. I am trying to build good sites with lots of quality content so I can get a ton of organic traffic that will lead to repeat visitors and word of mouth rec's.

My problem right now is that I completely retooled my sites (much better now and set for the long run), but the organic traffic I am starting to get is backing out right away. I'm testing new designs first because this won't mess with the text and headlines that are bringing in the traffic. So happy to see some organic traffic start to flow, but disappointed it is worthless so far.

I'm also concerned because I know some people who have massive community/content sites, but they don't make a lot of money because people come to the site to interact or search for information and never click on ads. I myself rarely click on ads when I am searching for information online.

My communities that are based on people researching a specific product or service gets more ad clicks and sales, but the people don't stick around after they make a purchase. The communities that are not based on researching a specific product are bigger and more active, but I get fewer ad clicks and sales.

My answer would be yes to all of the above and percentages is 100 percent. It is sort of like when I heard my pastor talking about marriage and he said many people think that marriage should be a 50-50 proposition but that they were wrong. Each person needs to give 100 percent to have a successful marriage. So it is true in business. If you don't aim for 100 percent of what is right then you are wrong before you begin. If on the other hand you weren't aware of them all but become aware then it is time to add them to the list and give it all you can.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

I think that it is also very important to work with tried and reputable affiliate programs . Onli this can bring you a long-term saccess.
    As for me, i always pay a greate attention to the affiliate programs i gonna work with. I check their services, interface, test everything.
    I am sure that it`s better to spend some time at the very begining than to waste it monthly thinking that you are doing a good business.
    After all, my reputation as an honest webmaster rates high too.
    So, think twice before making your choice: to be superaffiliate today or to be superaffiliate ever!
    good luck.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread