Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47
  1. #1
    ABW Veteran Mr. Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,795
    My 5000 Post!
    After a few days of just lurking, I decided that today 1.23, it was a good day to make my 5k post.

    I would like to say thanks to all the members of ABW for making this forum the way it's, because without them and their posts, I don't think I would have being keep active on this forum for the last five years.

    I know that I may have made many bad posts for the last five years, but hey... I think that out of my 5k posts, maybe I still have made at least 500 good ones. (?)

    Anyway, it's 2009 and I have decided to make new plans, and to avoid getting stuck on things I can't control, and while I still planning to be on the ethical side of the fence, I don't think I would be participating on any new bad network or merchant bashing unless I am directly affected by any of them.

    Not because I may or may not, agree on those bashing, but because I am not a Hypocrite, and since I refuse to work with any of those bad players, I don't see a reason for me to jump on the wagon of those doing the bashing, while at the same time they still work with them for one reason or another.


    I know that business is business, and that some people may have to do what they have to do in order to feed their family, or would do anything for money just for greed, but to me family is first, and I will put family before money anytime but...

    I also have my principles, and if for the last four dacades I have put my principles before my family, there is and never will be, another parasite to make me change the way I think.

    Before anyone take those last lines the wrong way, I would like to try to explain what I meant by that...

    To me, family come first, because that's the way I was raised but, just because of one old dying (I don't want to use profanity on this post, so...) parasite on another planet, I haven't seen over 80% of my blood family for almost four decades, not because I don't want to, (because I am dying to see them again), but because I rather die first, than throw in the towel before the fight is over.


    So as you can see, there can't be another cause to make me worry about what I should do, or not do about the way I run my business. Once I discover a crook or a bad entity, I just don't affiliate with them, no matter what.

    Ok, so now that I have made this one my 5000 post, maybe this one might be one of those bad post I have made, but I would not apologize for this thread, because even if this one is not one of the 500 good post I have made on the last five years, at least I know that there must be at least five people that understand this post... (I hope so, all I need is 5 people!)


    Btw, after my rant above, I want to out myself on what I am have been up to lately... :-)

    No, there would not be any smiley on this post, but I want to share my new toy story...

    I finally got me a new top of the line computer and now I have a new few things to learn, but before my favorite month (January) runs over, I have some decisions to make...

    I used to have a 17" monitor, but now that I have a 22" widescreen flat-panel toy, I can't leave all those extra space go to waste, so now I have at least three ways to work...

    ABW and TV.
    ABW, TV and Google.
    ABW, Shareasale, Avanlink and CJ.


    Decisions, decisions, decisions... ;-(

    ----------------------------------------
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ...

  2. #2
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Nunya, Business
    Posts
    23,684
    Congrats on your 5000th post These count as a smileys tho - :-) ;-(

  3. #3
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    West Coast USA
    Posts
    3,043
    >>there would not be any smiley on this post

    [This THEREFORE is not a REAL Sal post]

    5000 is NICE

  4. #4
    ...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    6,918
    Congratulations for your 5,000 posts and your convictions!

    ~ Denis
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    April 6th, 2006
    Posts
    2,689
    Congratulations on 5k!! Great post..

    Quite a milestone, and thank you for every one of those 5,000 (not just the 500 that may be good!). My guess is that I read quite a few when I first lurked

    As for principles, there's nothing like 'em

    As for your view on family, are you sure you're not hungarian?? You sound like me & all my relatives

    As for your new screen space, my vote goes to ABW, TV and Google.

    Once again, congrats, and thanks for helping turn newbies into affiliates!

  6. #6
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    1,744
    Congrats Mr. Sal on the 5000th post and for doing what you feel is right for you. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Okay, the no smiley thing was kind of weird so here !!

  7. #7
    The Seal of Aproval rematt's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19th, 2006
    Location
    The Windy City
    Posts
    4,140
    Congratulations, you're one of my favorites. I always enjoy your posts, smileys or not.

    -rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

  8. #8
    AM Navigator Geno Prussakov's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10th, 2005
    Location
    Washington D.C. Metro Area
    Posts
    11,798
    Congratulations, Sal.

    Geno

  9. #9
    ABW Founder Haiko de Poel, Jr.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,609
    LOL Love the Screenies, Congrats on the 5K my friend . I've enjoyed every post!
    Continued Success,

    Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

  10. #10
    What's the word? Rhia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    9,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    ... and I will put family before money anytime ...
    Okay, when do we start one?

    Congratz on the 5,000 posts! You're great
    ABW wouldn't be the same for me without you.

    Keep it up
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

  11. #11
    http and a telephoto
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,708
    Congrats Mr Sal. I remember when I first started using my 22" I did do split screen and picture in picture Now I just use the full screen nice and big

    Enjoy the rest of your favorite month and your new monitor.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

  12. #12
    OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2005
    Location
    Park City Utah
    Posts
    16,646
    Congrats Mr Sal and keep it up because no matter what you write I always enjoy it.

  13. #13
    ABW Ambassador 2busy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Location
    Tropical Mountaintop
    Posts
    5,636
    Congratulations on the big 5K Mr. Sal - and on the cool new puter

  14. #14
    Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,360
    Looking forward to your next 5000 Mr Sal!

    Maybe we need a few new smilies to honor your 5000
    Peace,

    Rexanne

    Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic


  15. #15
    ABW Ambassador Boom or Bust's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2008
    Posts
    3,955
    Mr. S, I looked at your sig and could have sworn it said I'll Never Smiley Again... - Frank Sinatra
    I hope that's not true as it struck me as very sad that Mr. S may no longer be the person I've come to know.
    I'm looking forward to becoming a man too at my 5K, but I've Got To Be Me... - Frank Sinatra

    Las felicitaciones en cinco mil postes mi amigo!



    X

  16. #16
    Moderator leeann's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    2,955
    WTG on the 5000! I always look forward to your posts.
    leeann


    Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

  17. #17
    ABW Veteran Mr. Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Congrats on your 5000th post These count as a smileys tho - :-) ;-(
    Trust, when I was about to post that line, that thought crossed my mind... but according to WordWeb:

    An smiley = An emoticon of a smiling face.

    An emoticon = A representation of a facial expression (as a smile or frown) created by typing a sequence of characters in sending email ":-( and :-) are emoticons".
    And according to me:
    An smiley = Any of those little guys that look like happy M&M's in color.

    An emoticon = Any of those typed B/W characters from the 80's... :-)

    So I didn't had s with that w on that post, I just used an emoticon! LOL

  18. #18
    ABW Veteran Mr. Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ward
    >>there would not be any smiley on this post

    [This THEREFORE is not a REAL Sal post]

    5000 is NICE
    Adam, if I knew that you was going to out me like that, I would had made that 5k post, under my future wife name. :-)

    Thank you for your post, Adam!

  19. #19
    ABW Veteran Mr. Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Convergence
    Congratulations for your 5,000 posts and your convictions!

    ~ Denis
    Thank you for your post, Denis!

  20. #20
    ABW Veteran Mr. Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,795
    Quote Originally Posted by teezone
    Congratulations on 5k!! Great post..

    Quite a milestone, and thank you for every one of those 5,000 (not just the 500 that may be good!). My guess is that I read quite a few when I first lurked

    As for principles, there's nothing like 'em

    As for your view on family, are you sure you're not hungarian?? You sound like me & all my relatives

    As for your new screen space, my vote goes to ABW, TV and Google.

    Once again, congrats, and thanks for helping turn newbies into affiliates!
    Teezone, I am not hungarian, I am from another planet that have been jinxed for over fifty years so far, but I can't and wouldn't elaborate on that, yet...

    Thank you for your post, Teezone.

  21. #21
    ABW Veteran Mr. Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,795
    Quote Originally Posted by msladybug
    Congrats Mr. Sal on the 5000th post and for doing what you feel is right for you. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Okay, the no smiley thing was kind of weird so here !!
    Thank you Msladybug, but there's nothing weird about not using any smiley on that first post...

    I am going to tell you a secret Msladybug, but make sure not to tell anyone else here, ok?

    The second reason of why I didn't use any smiley on that first post is this: (I still don't know how to use this new computer the way I used my ex, so I don't have my smiley collection (that I stole from Haiko and ABW) on this computer, yet. LOL

  22. #22
    ABW Veteran Mr. Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,795
    Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    Congratulations, you're one of my favorites. I always enjoy your posts, smileys or not.

    -rematt
    Thank you for your encouragement post, Rematt!

  23. #23
    ABW Veteran Mr. Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    Congratulations, Sal.

    Geno
    Thank you Geno!

  24. #24
    ABW Veteran Mr. Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    LOL Love the Screenies, Congrats on the 5K my friend . I've enjoyed every post!
    Thank you for putting up with me for over five years Haiko, and thank you for making ABW what it's so far, because if it not were for you and ABW, I don't know where else I would have learned all I have learned so far about affiliate marketing for the past five years.

    And since this is my only home away from home, because this is the only place I hang around everyday, I don't know what I would do if I can't have my daily dose here.

    Btw, from one Capricorn to another Capricorn that just got older too in the last few days, thank you for everything, Haiko.

  25. #25
    ABW Veteran Mr. Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    Okay, when do we start one?

    Congratz on the 5,000 posts! You're great
    ABW wouldn't be the same for me without you.

    Keep it up
    Rhia, if we keep this up... Sooner or later someone here is going to start a $1.00 per member fund-raising campaign for our wedding but, while a free $50,000.00 check don't sound that bad for our honeymoon... Are you sure we want to have an ABW wedding posted on YouTube later?

    Thank you for your post Rhia, and remember... As long as there're Blue sky's available out there, I would sure try to keep it up, as always. :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 5000 and Counting
    By Kevin in forum Virtual Family and Off-Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: December 9th, 2009, 04:07 PM
  2. #5000 MichaelColey - What's it gonna be?
    By popdawg in forum Virtual Family and Off-Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 23rd, 2006, 02:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •