Thread: New Look of My Blog - Feedback Welcomed

Cool New Look of My Blog - Feedback Welcomed
    Finally, my blog has a new look too!

I am still tweaking it, but any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks, folks.

Geno

Only one minor suggestion..

Change or eliminate the Home and Who Is Geno strip at the very top of the page.. Other than that, it looks great..
    Stop blaming the parasites, low return days, cookie stuffers, networks, lousy AMs, and TOOLBARS!

The blog looks good - the strip at the top is OK imo

As far as content - I read the first post - you don't have to worry if the US merchant ships internationally before recruiting UK affiliates - for us, the US market is so much bigger. We are happy to promote US merchants for the US market (and Canada, of course.)

Thank you for your feedback, CM, and VS!

As for that "Pound Sinks, Britain on Edge of Bankruptcy. Time to Recruit UK Affiliates" post, I do know that many UK affiliates have North America-oriented websites, and the question of international shipping (presence or absence of such an option, and competitiveness of the rate) is not an issue for them. Many, however, do ask me about it (when I'm approaching them with an offer to promote a US-based client of mine). Hence, my little note in parenthesis. I do appreciate you commenting on that post though.

If anyone else has feedback to provide, I will gladly accept it.

Thanks again,

Geno

Geno that was fast finding a theme and having it ready.

Looks good. I kinda like the extra strip on top.

Just something minor just because I was reading and code monkey called attention to who is geno? part. When describing your daughter you have an extra "a" in that sentence.

Princess looks lovely.

Thank you, ladidah.

I've deleted the extra "a" on the about me page. Thank you very much for spotting that too! I have also just added a few links to fish species on that page where I talk about

Geno

Geno, looks nice. But to tell you the truth, your blog could look like Craigs List and I'd still read it...

X

ABW Ambassador
    Just one odd thing... the photo on the upper right? With the background break, it almost looks like a before and after photo to me. I thought for a minute the guy on the left was an early version of you and boy you worked out... silly, but the image is oddly off putting.

The old one looked better, but the new one is more SEO friendly, I would think.

Not much reach though with only 240 or so follows. So how much did you charge Forbes for their new program ... with it's absurd landing page and data mining loaded,
    spam generator list building adventure? ...

Here's a real tip for you ... re: your Ph'd classes ... new book called "The Global Brand: How to Create and Develop Lasting Brand Value in the World Market " by Nigel Hollis ... seriously good stuff.

And don't piss off people by saying their website is a 'kind banner farmish.'
    Maybe it was designed that way on purpose for reasons you do not know - such as it makes a profit every month.

And maybe there are other domain names with more 'normal web site designs, you also don't know about.

Good luck on getting your Ph'd ... it's a good piece of paper to have. But always remember: George W. Bush went to Yale & Harvard and he is a moron. Don't let that happen to you. Cambridge and Hubris have been battling for centuries.

@ Ed Byerly: Thank you, Ed. It means a world to me.

@ chetf: LOL. The photo rotation on the upper right is one of the things I'm still tweaking.

@ net4biz: You are (a) repeating yourself, and (b) derailing my thread. Re that (a): I believe that every one of these points has been addressed elsewhere. Re (b): I do not appreciate it. If you have any open and unattended questions to me - I both have an affiliate support forum here, and my contact information is easily locatable in my signature below.

Geno

I had not seen your earlier blog but this one is top form. Looks very professional and most impotantly has ecellent content. I wouldn't bother trying to remove the "home" from the header. Everyone knows that "home" is going to be in a header and oddly enough it feels comforting, especialy when you have a computer glitch and want to refresh your page. Who Is Geno Prussakov? Is perfect where it is. If people are visiting for the first time they won't need to dig to get that information and others will just breezeby without stopping.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Geno, it looks great. I agree the nav links in the header are fine.

Geno.... I am happy!!!! I was having to enlarge your site every time I wanted to read something because of the teeny tiny print.... I like this much better....

Terri, Gary, kayecee, thank you, folks!

Just posted my today's little analysis of a marketing letter received from Toyota earlier this week.

Off to grab something to bite, and relax after a long, but exciting day with my family (we toured the old town of Alexandria, VA; had a blast).

Hope everyone's weekend is going great.

Geno

15. Newsletter Signup